S7-GRAPH V5.1 Now Certified in Accordance with IEC 61131-3 and PLCopen Base Level
In November 2001, the S7-GRAPH V5.1 engineering software was certified in accordance with IEC 61131-3 and PLCopen Base Level. Siemens is thus the first manufacturer to receive the PLCopen Base Level certification for the Sequential Function Chart programming language (IEC 61131-3: SFC - Sequential Function Chart).
1. The certification and its benefits
This certification is a major prerequisite for the standardization of software to program PLC systems.
Clients using S7-GRAPH V5.1 thus have the assurance that their PLC programs are written in accordance with the IEC 61131-3 international standard. Data format, structure and graphical representation are then in line with the standard.
This gives you the following benefits:
- Shorter time of familiarization with S7-GRAPH
- High recognition value due to standardized structures
- Good re-usability of existing software
2. PLCopen Base Level for Sequential Function Chart programming
The PLCopen Base Level for Sequential Function Chart programming warrants that the data types, instructions and graphics elements used with S7-GRAPH programming are in accordance with IEC 61131-3.
3. Additional Information
More information about IEC 61131-3, PLCopen and certifications is available on the Internet under the following link:
- You have a technical question / problem: Ask the Technical Support
- You want to discuss in our forum and exchange experiences with other users
- You want to create CAx data for one or more products
- You would like to send us feedback on this Entry