When starting TIA Portal V13 and higher, how do you get a global library to open automatically and use it as corporate library, for example?
These libraries are stored in a defined path and can be set to open automatically when the TIA Portal is started. As soon as newer versions of corporate libraries are available, you can replace them centrally in a defined path.
The instructions below explain how you assign a corporate library ("TiaPortal_Lib", for example) to the STEP 7 (TIA Portal).
- In TIA Portal you open the "Settings" with the menu command "Options > Settings" and then open the folder "General > General".
- In "Settings" you scroll to the "Storage settings" view and select "Specify default setting for storage location".
- Open the Windows Explorer and navigate to the storage location for the configuration file (Fig. 1):
- Open the "CorporateSettings.xml" file and enter the storage path and file name of the library as shown in Fig. 2. The Path and File Name entries are mandatory for all corporate libraries.
- Save and close the file.
You also have the option of defining multiple global libraries as corporate libraries in the configuration file.
If the "CorporateSettings.xml" file is not in the storage location specified above, you have to create an XML file with the structure as shown in Fig. 2. Use the "UTF-8" coding and save the file as "CorporateSettings.xml" in the directory "C:\ProgramData\Siemens\Automation\Portal V15\CorporateSettings". However, you can store the corporate libraries in any directory of the computer or on a network drive.
More information is available in the TIA Portal Online Help under
- Basic principles of corporate libraries
- How to create the configuration file for corporate libraries
The screens in this FAQ response were created with STEP 7 (TIA Portal) V15.