PID Control with PID_Compact for SIMATIC S7-1200/S7-1500
Influencing technical variables in systems requires controlling these variables. In automation technology, controllers are used in many different ways, for example for speed control.
The application example consists the following elements:
- Compact controller SIMATIC S7-1200 / S7-1500
- PID_Compact as software controller for actuators operating proportionally
- Simulated controlled system to learn about the controller functions
- Operation and monitoring via an operator panel
- Projecting and configuration via TIA Portal software package
This application example provides the following advantages:
- Step-by-step description for the initial commissioning of a PID_Compact controller
- Fast introduction into the handling of the PID_Compact functions
- Switching between automatic and manual mode
- Trend curves of setpoint, process value and manipulated variable
- Switching between the real controlled system and the simulation
- Disturbance variable control in simulation mode
- Specifying the behavior in the case of errors and their simulation
- Manual specification of control parameters and automatic tuning
- Online monitoring of the “PID_Compact” controller block
- Modifying the configuration during runtime
- PID Control
Simple programming with configurable blocks.
Simple commissioning through automatic calculation of the control parameters for optimal control quality and clear signal monitoring with trace function.
- Integrated PID control
Continuous PID controller for actuators with proportional action.
- Auto tuning
Innovative auto tuning with two different tuning methods for automatic calculation of the control parameters: pretuning and fine tuning during runtime.
- No additional hardware and software required (due to simulation of the controlled system).
- Time saving due to simple automatic control parameter tuning for optimal control quality (PID controller).
Version 2.0 for TIA Portal V15.1 or higher
Documentation "PID control with PID_Compact" (2,8 MB)
Sample project for SIMATIC S7-1200 (3,3 MB)
Sample project for SIMATIC S7-1500 (3,4 MB)
Function Manual: "SIMATIC S7-1200/S7-1500 PID Control"
Application example: "Closed-Loop Control of Simulated Controlled Systems in the S7-1500 with PID_Compact V2"
Application Example: "3-Point Stepper Control with SIMATIC S7-1200/S7-1500"
Application Example: “Single and Multi Loop Controller Structures (Cascade Control) with PID_Temp”
Application example "Multi-Zone Control with PID_Temp for SIMATIC S7-1200/S7-1500"
Update to TIA Portal V15.1 + upgrade for SIMATIC S7-1500
- You have a technical question / problem: Ask the Technical Support
- You want to discuss in our forum and exchange experiences with other users
- You want to create CAx data for one or more products
- You would like to send us feedback on this Entry