Simulation Tool for Soft Starters (STS)
Simulation Tool for Soft Starters (STS) V22.214.171.124 for Windows
What’s new in Simulation Tool for Soft Starters (STS) V126.96.36.199?
- Support of 3RW55 size 5 soft starters
- New 3RW5 communication modules Profinet HF and Modbus RTU in dialog “Additional functions”
- New 3RW5 special functions in dialog “Additional functions”
- Support of ambient temperatures starting from -10°C
- Minor improvements and error corrections
For the installation of STS V188.8.131.52 please download and run the file STS_V4_0_1_0_Setup.exe. A menu-prompted setup program guides you through the installation procedure for STS V184.108.40.206.
Please make sure that no other setup or update process is running while installing STS.
Additional information regarding the installation can be taken from the readme files.
STS can be used free of charge. No license key is required when using STS.
The main goal of this software is the correct selection of a soft starter for a respective application. For the correct parameter setting of the soft starter please refer to the user manuals and operating instructions.
STS template note:
If you are not permitted to install any software or if you have any difficulties with the simulation, you can download the STS template and enter the motor and load data. When you have done so, send the completed template back to our Support Request page https://support.industry.siemens.com/My/ww/en/requests. You will then be sent the simulation results by email.
Third-party software - Licensing terms and copyright information
You can find the copyright information for third-party software contained in this product, particularly open source software, as well as applicable licensing terms of such third-party software in the ReadMe_OSS file.
Special information for resellers
The information and the license terms in the ReadMe_OSS file must be passed on to the purchasing party to avoid license infringements by the reseller or purchasing party.
Readme_OSS.zip (31,6 KB) (multiple languages)
STS_V4_0_1_0_Setup.exe (176,2 MB)
SHA-256 checksum: Code_STS_V4_0_1_0_Setup.txt (1 KB) *
Readme Files (multiple languages):
Readme_V4_0_1_0.zip (97,8 KB)
STS Template for Motor and Load Data:
STS_Template_Motor_Load_data.xls (121,0 KB)
SHA-256 checksum: Code_STS_Template_Motor_Load_data.txt (1 KB) *
* Information about SHA-256: 109483101
Simulation Tool for Soft Starters (STS) App V1.0 for Android and iOS
- Simulate a soft starter application based on your input data:
- Environment & supply
- Starting parameters for the application
- Additional functions
- Starting profile
- Select a suggested soft starter
- Generate a report for a selected soft starter with the summary of the simulation and optional feeder main components
- Direct access to selected soft starter data in the Siemens Industry Mall
- Metrics: SI and Imperial
- Languages: English, German and Chinese
STS App will be continuously improved and updated like the desktop version. In the coming versions we will be adding new features to match the desktop version completely.
By downloading the app for iOS or Android you accept the SIEMENS End User License Agreement for mobile applications:
- End User License Agreement for Android Mobile Applications: EULA_STS_App_android.pdf (27,4 KB)
- End User License Agreement for Mobile Applications for Apple operating systems: EULA_STS_App_iOS.pdf (28,0 KB)
Open Source components:
All open source components can be accessed here: ReadMe_OSS_STS_App.zip (219,9 KB)
You should have your operating system up to date. Siemens provides app updates for the up-to-date version of the operating system. Older versions of the operating system may no longer be supported.