S7-1200 als PN-DP-Gateway
PROFINET's popularity in the automation industry is increasing continuously. So there is often the task to realize a coupling to PROFIBUS DP networks from existing plants or plants,which could not convert to PROFINET yet.
In pure DP networks, this task was solved up to now by DP/DP coupler. But current, there is no suitable product available- means a PN/DP coupler, where the PN part presents oneself as device and the PB part as slave.
For this task the S7-1200 offers a cost-effective and capable alternative. In conjunction with the PROFIBUS DP communication module CM 1242-5 and the PROFINET I-device function the S7-1200 becomes a gateway between PROFIBUS and the PROFINET system part.
- As I-Slave in the PROFIBUS network
- As I-Device in the PROFINET IO network.
The S7-1200 transfers cyclic I/O data between the both networks.
The data transer is completely transparent.
In this application an S7-300 represents the PROFIBUS system part, an S7-1500 represents the PROFINET system part.
- Cost-effective option to connect PROFIBUS DP to PROFINET IO.
- Little configuration overhead.
- Little programming overhead.
- Existing systems require hardly any changes.
- Additional automation tasks can be outsourced to the S7-1200 without modifying the existing systems.
|Content of Downloads||
S7-1200 as a PN/DP Gateway
PROFINET gateway, PROFIBUS gateway, S7-1200, PN/DP gateway, gateway, PN/DP coupler