How do you transfer a configuration without network connection ("Offline") from a WinCC Professional configuration computer to a second computer with WinCC Runtime Professional?
Normally you need a network connection to transfer a WinCC Professional configuration to a Runtime PC. Since WinCC V13 you can also transfer a project offline to a computer with WinCC RT using a removable storage device (USB stick or the like).
If you want to transfer a project offline to a Basic Panel, a Comfort Panel or a PC with Runtime Advanced, you will find the links to the corresponding FAQ under "Further Information" below.
If you are working with WinCC V7 and want to transfer a project again offline, likewise below is the link to another FAQ.
- In the Project View of the TIA Portal you mark the HMI project that you want to transfer to the PC with WinCC Runtime.
- In the menu of the TIA Portal you select the command "Online > Download to file system" (V13 SP1 and higher). In TIA Portal V13 the command is "Online > Save the device settings in the file system".
In the dialog that opens you select a storage path for the configuration to a connected removable storage device, like a USB stick. The target folder should be empty.
The project is compiled automatically. Then the following dialog opens:The settings for the archives are not relevant for the first transfer; select "Retain", for example.
If you would like to transfer recipes from the Engineering to the target computer, you enable the corresponding option as shown in Fig. 2.
- Connect the removable storage device to the target computer on which you want to start Runtime later. Copy the complete directory with the configuration to the hard disk of the computer..
- Start the "WinCC RT Start" tool on the target computer. Under "Project:" you select the transferred configuration.
- Then click the Start icon in the dialog to start the Runtime. In this tool you can also parameterize an automatic start of the Runtime in the "Autostart" tab.
Transfer after a configuration change
- If you later make changes to the configuration, you have to transfer these changes again to the target computer. For this you mark the HMI project again.
- In the menu of the TIA Portal you select the command "Online > Download to file system".
In the dialog that opens for the configuration you select a storage path to a connected removable storage device like a USB stick. The target folder should be empty.
The project is compiled automatically. Then the following dialog opens:The settings for the archives are now relevant. Typically you now select "Retain" so that the previous archives on the target computer on which the Runtime is running are not deleted.
As of the second transfer the downloading of the recipes from the Engineering to the target computer is no longer enabled (see Fig. 4). Otherwise, changes made on the target computer in the Runtime are overwritten again.
- Connect the removable storage device to the target computer. Copy the content of the USB stick and paste it into the existing project directory. Windows then opens the dialog "Replace or skip files". Here you select the option "Replace files in the target".
- Start the tool "WinCC RT Start" on the target computer and start the Runtime as described above.
If you would like to make an offline transfer to a Basic Panel, a Comfort Panel or a PC with Runtime Advanced, more information is available here: 109740696
If you would like to make an offline transfer from a WinCC V7 Engineering Station to a WinCC V7 Runtime computer, information is available in the following FAQ: 24193864
Offline, Download, Transfer, Engineering Station, ES
- You have a technical question / problem: Ask the Technical Support
- You want to discuss in our forum and exchange experiences with other users
- You want to create CAx data for one or more products
- You would like to send us feedback on this Entry