To protect against indirectly touching part of the motor circuit of a converter and to automatically shut down in the case of a fault according to DIN EN 60364-4-41 (VDE 0100-410).
To release plants/machines after erection and installation and for subsequent testing, the following preconditions are provided along with an explanation for the test technician/test engineer:
- The installation instructions provided in the equipment manual for the converter have been complied with, especially regarding
- Potential bonding
- Conductor/wire cross-section
- The valid standards when installing were complied with
- DIN EN 50178 (VDE 0160)
- DIN EN 60204-1 (VDE 0113-1)
- DIN EN 60364-5-52 (VDE 0100-520) and
- DIN EN 60364-5-54 (VDE 0100-540).
- The protective conductor is a continuous according to IEC 60364-6 (VDE 0100-600).
Assuming that the previously mentioned preconditions are fulfilled, the following converter series
- SIMATIC ET200pro and
- SIMATIC ET200S
satisfy the requirements laid down in DIN EN 60364-4-41 (VDE 0100-410) and comply with the specified shut down times. See also 109476638.
The explanation is based on the following:
- In the case of a short-circuit with negligible impedance with respect to ground, the converter interrupts the circuit within the shortest time (<< 100 ms). As a consequence, there is a very high impedance between the converter DC link and the output (> 1 MOhm) so that the possible voltage as result of the voltage divider comprising the impedance of the ground connection between the motor and converter is less than 50 VAC or 120 VDC.