How can you carry out an upgrade on an operating system that no longer supports the existing STEP 7 Micro/WIN version?
Having STEP 7 Micro/Win installed on the PC is the requirement for a software upgrade. If you use an operating system (Windows 2000/XP/Vista) on which your existing STEP 7 Micro/Win version cannot run (you will find an overview of this in Entry ID: 8675614), then you will have to carry out a software upgrade of STEP 7 Micro/Win as described below.
- Install the full version of the "old" STEP 7 Micro/Win on a supporting operating system (see Entry ID: 8675614)
- Find the "microwin.exe" file (or "microdos.exe") with the Windows Explorer
- Compress "microwin.exe" (or "microdos.exe") file (this is obligatory), for example with WinZip, and copy the file onto a mobile data carrier (disk, USB stick etc.)
- Extract this file on your "new" operating system (Windows 2000/XP/Vista) in the same directory structure
You can begin with the STEP 7 Micro/Win software upgrade if the "microwin.exe" (or "microdos.exe") file is saved on your PC.
Update, software installation, Windows, 95, 98, NT, 2000, XP, Vista
- You have a technical question / problem: Ask the Technical Support
- You want to discuss in our forum and exchange experiences with other users
- You want to create CAx data for one or more products
- You would like to send us feedback on this Entry