How do you install the certificate for the standard website of the web browser of your S7-1500 CPU?
If you cannot open the standard website of the web browser of your S7-1500 CPU and instead you get this message:
- "There is a problem with the security certificate of the website",
then go to the Welcome page and download the Siemens security certificate.
- On the Welcome page of the S7-1500 CPU click the "download certificate" button.
If you use a self signed certificate for your S7-1500 CPU with FW >= 2.0, the "download certificate" button is disabled. In this case, export the certificate from TIA Portal. Further informations you will find in our FAQ:
Why is there no web server certificate stored in the TIA Portal V14?
- The "File download - Security warning" dialog opens. Click "Save" and save the certificate in a folder on your hard disk.
- Open the Windows Explorer and navigate to the folder where you have stored the certificate.
- Open the certificate and click "Open" in the dialog that opens.
- Go to the "General" tab and click "Install Certificate...".
- The "Certificate Import Wizard" opens. Click "Next".
- Select the function "Place all certificates in the following store" and then click "Browse...".
Browsing the certificate stores available might take a few minutes.
- In the selection window you select the certificate store "Trusted Root Certification Authorities" and click "OK".
- Click "Next" and in the dialog that opens you click "Finish".
- After successful download you get this message: "Import was successful". Confirm with "OK".
- On the Welcome page of the S7-1500 CPU click the "download certificate" button and save the "MiniWebCA_Cer.crt" certificate.
If you use a self signed certificate for your S7-1500 CPU with FW >= 2.0, the "download certificate" button is disabled. In this case, export the certificate from TIA Portal.
- At the top of the Firefox window, click the Tool menu and select "Options".
- Select the "Advanced" panel and then select the "Certificates" tab. Click here on the "View Certificates" button.
- Select the "Authorities" tab in the "Certificate Manager" window and click the "Import..." button.
- Select and open the downloaded "MiniWebCA_Cer.crt" certificate.
- Check the three purposes and confirm with "OK".
- Confirm also the changes in the Certificate Manager with "OK".
The screens in this FAQ response were created with Explorer 8 and Mozilla Firefox.