Communication of a SIMATIC MV400 to a S7-1500 via PROFINET/IE
The SIMATIC MV400 code reading system is to be controlled via PROFINET through a SIMATIC S7-1200/1500 automation system.
In this application example we demonstrate how to operate the MV400 code reading system via PROFINET through a S7-1200/1500. In the enclosed STEP 7 project it is shown on an detailed example, how the code blocks of the STEP 7 “Identification” library can be used in order to realize the desired functionalities.
In order to clearly demonstrate the functionalities they can be operated via SIMATIC HMI Panel. In addition, a camera configuration file with predefined camera programs and settings and an adjusted CustomGUI (user-defined interface) is included as download.
The following basic functions are realized in this project by the blocks of the STEP 7 library:
- RESET (initializing the code reader with program number specification, switching code reader to processing mode)
- READ (reading trigger and result text, reading program number, reading match string)
- WRITE (program change, enable single program number read, writing match string, enable single match string read)
The following additional functions of the code reading system are shown:
- Displaying diagnostic screens (via SIMATIC HMI)
- Loading/saving camera configuration (remote client via SIMATIC HMI)
- Using user-defined interface (via SIMATIC HMI)
The following figure shows the pictorial schematic of this example application:
Extension with SIMATIC S7-1200
Update TIA Portal V15.1
- You have a technical question / problem: Ask the Technical Support
- You want to discuss in our forum and exchange experiences with other users
- You want to create CAx data for one or more products
- You would like to send us feedback on this Entry