Delivery Release for SIMATIC STEP 7 Professional / Basic V13 SP1
Servicepack 1 for STEP 7 V13 Released for Delivery
Service Pack 1 for STEP 7 V13 is herewith released for delivery. It will also be delivered within the scope the relevant Software Update Service agreements.
The same applies to the Service Pack 1 for Safety Advanced V13 (106602340), WinCC V13 (entry ID 104509915), Startdrive V13 (107657741) and the Hotfix for SCOUT TIA V4.4 (109218898).
SIMATIC STEP 7 V13 SP1 products can be ordered as DVD or download (OSD).
Customers with a Software Update Service agreement will receive the Service Pack within the scope of their agreement.
Service Pack 1 for STEP 7 V13 is also available for download to upgrade existing installations (105825934). The installation is only possible if a predecessor version is installed already (STEP 7 V13).
Registered customers can also download the Service Pack using the relevant Trial versions (106448872).
Highlights of SIMATIC STEP 7 V13 SP1
- Support of the new SIMATIC Open Controller
- Consistent further development of language elements for programming
- Added functions for the Team Engineering
- Scalable online backup options
- "Undo" is activated in online mode
- Simulation for S7-1200 V4.0 and ET 200SP Controller
- API Engineering of STEP7 and WinCC
- Many usability enhancements for efficient engineering
Support of the new SIMATIC Open Controller
The CPU 1515SP PC is a robust, PC-based system that makes use of the new S7-1500 Software Controller. The CPU implements the function of a classical S7-1500 controller in ET 200SP design on a PC with Windows. Additional HMI functionality is provided by the CPU 1515SP PC + HMI with pre-installed WinCC Runtime Advanced. This enables both control and visualization functions in one unit (planned 01/2015).
Consistent further development of language elements for programming
The new instruction "ReconfigIOSystem" now enables you to design flexible PROFINET structures (also IRT lines). Devices can be activated and deactivated during ongoing operation via the user program. Additional useful instructions, such as "GetInstancePath" and "GetSymbolPath" for the creation of customer-specific message texts are also available. An overview of the new instructions is provided in the list of comparison (entry ID 86630375) (as from 12/2014). In addition to the new instructions STEP 7 now also enable the use of global constants as array limits, e.g. to adapt standardized data blocks to the individual application size. The so-called "Learning Mode" of S7-Graph for automatic determination of the step activation time rounds off the new version.
Added functions for the Team Engineering
The PLC-Proxy function, which has already been implemented in V13, has been expanded to enable the use of H-systems and HMI-devices with MPI connection. In addition, the online commissioning function for the S7-1500 PLC enables one user to load a program while another user can keep monitoring.
Scalable online backup options
In addition to the familiar upload mechanisms of STEP 7 V13 / STEP 7 V5.5 the TIA Portal now offers two new options to save PLC data. One option is to load a complete PLC dump incl. all current data, archives, recipes,... in short, the complete SMC, card as consistent backup into the engineering (backup file cannot be opened or manipulated via the engineering). If required the data can be uploaded again 1:1 to the PLC.
In view of the fact that in many applications the offline data in the engineering and the online data on the PLC are identical, it may be sufficient to save only the current values of the data blocks. The new function "Snapshot of monitoring value of the complete PLC" will write the current values as snapshot including time stamp into the engineering project. If required, e.g. after an incorrect program change in the commissioning phase, the snapshot values can be downloaded to the work memory of the CPU. The advantage of this method is that no compile is required and the start values of the S7-1500/S7-1200 are not changed.
"Undo" is activated in online mode
Particularly in the commissioning phase, but also in the case of repairs to a running automation plant, small changes are often introduced for testing purposes which are not always successful. For this reason it is important to be able to "Undo" the changes 100% and as fast as possible.
--> This feature is available with V13 SP1, even if an online connection exists between engineering and PLC.
Simulation for S7-1200 V4.0 and ET 200SP Controller
S7‑PLCSIM V13 SP1 works in the TIA Portal in conjunction with STEP 7. The controller and all associated modules can be configured and the application logic programmed in STEP 7 and then loaded and simulated in S7‑PLCSIM. The program can be executed in PLCSIM and the effect on the simulated inputs and outputs can be monitored. This is now also possible for the S7-1200 and ET 200SP Controller.
API Engineering of STEP 7 and WinCC
The API interface for WinCC and STEP 7 in the TIA Portal enables the TIA Portal to be integrated into your development environment to automate your engineering tasks. You can use external development environments to create your own applications, e.g. a code generator for HMI images and PLC software blocks. The connection of the functions is done by installation of the TIA-Options package "Openness". It is inlcuded on every STEP7 Prof / WinCC Comfort / WinCC Adv. or WinCC Prof. DVD in the following folder: Support/Siemens_TIA_Openness_V13_SP1.exe
Many usability enhancements for efficient engineering
- Display of the project path in the title bar
- Warnings, errors and information can be shown or hidden
- Switch online access with the extended GoOnline dialog
- Define the default interface for online access
- Local search in the Taskcard instructions
- Synchronization of the project tree using the F7-function "Open Block..."
- Block calls can also be replaced in graphical programming languages
- Structured variables can be opened in the PLC Tag Table
- The snapshot function is provided with a time stamp
- Further block properties in the overview
- STL Sources can also be exported with multiselection
- Tabular representation of the project navigation when using library types
- Automatic search for software updates using the Automation Software Updater
- GSD/GSDML files can be deleted
SIMATIC STEP 7 Professional V13 SP1 is the easy to use, universal engineering system for the current SIMATIC controllers S7-1x00, S7-x00, WinAC, Software Controller and ET 200 CPUs. PLCSIM for the simulation of the S7-1x00 CPUs, SIMATIC WinCC Basic for the configuration of the Basic Panels and SINAMICS Startdrive for the configuration of drives are included in the scope of delivery. The two option packages Easy Motion Control and PID Professional are included as trial versions in STEP 7 Professional.
SIMATIC STEP 7 Basic V13 SP1 is the easy to use engineering system for the modular SIMATIC S7-1200 micro PLC and the associated I/Os. It includes SIMATIC WinCC Basic for the configuration of the SIMATIC Basic Panels and PLCSIM for simulation of the S7-1200 CPUs.
STEP 7 Professional / Basic V13 SP1 are released for use under the following operating systems (64-Bit, Windows 7 also 32-Bit)
- Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (only STEP 7 Basic)
- Microsoft Windows 7 Professional SP1
- Microsoft Windows 7 Enterprise SP1
- Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate SP1
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 (only STEP 7 Basic)
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 Professional
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 Enterprise
- Microsoft Server 2008 R2 StdE SP1 (only STEP 7 Professional)
- Microsoft Server 2012 R2 StdE
- Microsoft Windows XP is not supported
|Recommended PC/PG hardware||Intel® Core™ i5-3320M 3.3 GHz or comparable||8 GB||1920 x 1080||64-Bit|
Compatibility with other SIMATIC products
- STEP 7 Professional / Basic V13 SP1 will work together with WinCC V13 SP1 and Startdrive V13 SP1 in one framework.
- The TIA Portal V13 products STEP 7 (incl. PLCSIM), Safety Advanced, WinCC and Startdrive must be upgraded to the same version (V13 SP1)
- SIMOTION SCOUT TIA from V4.4 HF5
- STEP 7 Professional / Basic V13 SP1 (incl. WinCC Basic V13 SP1) can be installed on one computer in parallel with other versions of STEP 7 V11, V12, V5.4 or V5.5, STEP 7 Micro/WIN, WinCC flexible (2008 and higher), S7-PCT (from V3.3) and WinCC (V7.0 SP2 and higher).
- Supported virtualization platforms
- VMware vSphere Hypervisor (ESXi) 5.5 (Update 2 and higher)
- VMware Workstation 10
- VMware Player 6.0
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 Hyper-V
- The following virus scanners have been tested with STEP 7 V13 SP1:
- Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1
- Trend Micro Office Scan Corporate Edition 10.6
- McAfee VirusScan Enterprise 8.8
- Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2014
- Windows Defender (Windows 8.1 and higher)
- NEW: Safety Guard 360
The products with their Article No.'s and prices are listed in the following file:
STEP_7_V13SP1_Orderlist.xls (51 KB) ( 51 KB )
SUS for download
All automation software updates are made available on the day of their release, complete for all applications and independent of your location; throughout the world! Change now to the Software Update Service (SUS) as Download!
The readme files referenced below provide further information on STEP V13 SP1
You can view them in portable document format (.pdf):
|Online Support - Technical Information on the TIA Portal||Entry ID 65601780|
|Programming Guidelines for S7-1200 / S7-1500||Entry ID: 67582299|
|List of comparison for programming languages||Entry ID: 86630375|
|TIA Portal Openness Guidance UsageFile/EnablerFile||Document (687 KB) ( 687 KB )|