WES7 P Option Released for SIMATIC IPC627D / 827D / 677D
With immediate effect (11/2014) the configuration option Windows Embedded Standard 7 Professional (WES7 P) has been released for delivery for the Industry-PCs SIMATIC IPC627D / IPC827D / IPC677D.
WES7 P comes in the 32-Bit version with SP1. This operating system features a small memory size and high security. Its small footprint enables it to be delivered on a small and cost-effective 80-GB solid state drive, which, due to the employed memory technique, distinguishes itself with high operational reliability in industrial environments. A further increase in the operational reliability can be achieved by activation of the Enhanced Write Filter (EWF) in the operating system:
- Avoidance of write accesses to the SSD drive increases the lifespan of the SSD
- Each re-boot rejects system changes and ensures the activation of the originally defined WES7 P system
- Viruses / worms cannot establish themseves on the system drive
The IPC systems thus equipped are predestined for applications requiring maximum processor power in conjunction with an embedded version of the Windows 7 operating system.
- You have a technical question / problem: Ask the Technical Support
- You want to discuss in our forum and exchange experiences with other users
- You want to create CAx data for one or more products
- You would like to send us feedback on this Entry