Firmware update for CPU 1212C, DC/DC/DC, 8DI/6DO/2AI
When updating the firmware, always update to the latest version available for the product and its respective article number. The previous versions of the firmware are only intended as backup to allow a downgrade to the original version. Until now this is not known to have been necessary in any case.
Required user action:
You can install the CPU firmware update from the Web server, the SIMATIC Automation tool (98161300), the online diagnostic functions of STEP 7, or by making an SIMATIC memory card using the Siemens customer support Web site that contains the firmware update. The S7-1200 System Manual documents these methods.
If you use an SIMATIC memory card to install the CPU firmware update, retentive memory is retained. However, if you use the Web server or online diagnostic functions of STEP 7 to install the update, retentive memory is lost.
If you close the Web browser while in the process of performing a firmware update from the Web server, you will be unable to change the operating mode of the CPU to RUN mode. If this situation happens, you must cycle power to the CPU to be able to change the CPU to RUN mode.
Overview of article numbers and firmware versions of the CPU 1212C, DC/DC/DC, 8DI/6DO/2AI:
Note: The software is subject to export restrictions, a download is only available to registered users.
|Update with ...|
|V4.3.1||Third-party software - Licensing terms and copyright|
You can find the copyright information for third-party software contained in this product, particularly open source software, as well as applicable licensing terms of such third-party software in the Readme_OSS_V430_en_US file.
|V4.2.3||Third-party software - Licensing terms and copyright|
You can find the copyright information for third-party software contained in this product, particularly open source software, as well as applicable licensing terms of such third-party software in the Readme_OSS_V423_en_US file.
Third-party software - Licensing terms and copyright
For a description, see below Update V4.1.2
The S7-1200 CPU firmware update V4.3.1 replaces the V4.3.0 and corrects the following issues:
- An interruption of a firmware update causes the PLC to become unrecoverable
- A communication freeze can happen when under a broadcast storm
New features in the V4.3 release:
- Secure Open User Communication (OUC)
- system support for SSL / TLS secured communication
- Certificate management for CPU
- Ability to load certificates created in STEP 7 to the S7-1200 CPU for Secure OUC
CPU Firmware update V4.2.3 replaces CPU Firmware update V4.2.x
This update corrects the following:
- An issue by reading multidimensional array through user defined web pages
- The D_ACT_DP instruction behavior
- An issue with Prioritized Startup
- An issue when updating firmware from 4.1.3 to 4.2.1 when not using the firmware update card
CPU Firmware update V4.2.2 wasn't distributed. This version was used for introduction of CPU with FS > 07.
CPU Firmware update V4.2.1. replaces CPU Firmware update V4.2.0.
CPU firmware update V4.2.1 allows the S7-1200 CPU to accept a project download from STEP 7 V13 (TIA Portal V13) where the project includes high-speed counters (HSCs).
Key features supported by S7-1200 CPU firmware V4.2.0 include:
- Enhancements to the Web server
- New programming instructions including 2 new basic instructions and 24 extended instructions
- New communication capabilities
- Backup and restore of an online S7-1200 CPU and F-CPU from STEP 7
- New high-speed counter (HSC) capabilities
- Enhancements to capturing and loading an online DB snapshot
- Reduction of repeated security event entries in the diagnostics buffer
Required software: TIA Portal with STEP 7 V14 Basic or STEP 7 V14 Professional
NOTICE: S7-1200 CPUs with Functional Stand 05 (FS: 05) or later cannot be downgraded to firmware versions prior to V4.2.0.
CPU Firmware update V4.1.3 replaces CPU Firmware update V4.1.2.
S7-1200 FW V4.1.3 allows to execute motion function blocks in any OB.
To ensure proper operation of motion control programs with S7-1200 FW V4.1.2, it must execute all motion function blocks from OB 1 or from blocks that OB 1 calls. To use motion control without this restriction, use FW V4.1.1.
If it isn't used motion control in the project, it can used FW V4.1.2.
S7-1200 CPU Firmware update V4.1.2 improves CPU program execution time of some instructions through targeted instruction optimization.
CPU Firmware update V4.1.1 replaces CPU Firmware update V4.1.0
This update corrects an issue with writing a Boolean value to a Motion Axis Technology Object DB (TO-DB) with the MC_WriteParam:
- In V4.1.0, upon execution, the MC_WriteParam correctly writes the value to the destination; however, the instruction overwrites the source byte. The first three bits of the source byte can be changed to "1" and the remainder of the byte is set to "0".
- In V4.1.1, the MC_WriteParam writes the Boolean value correctly to the destination, and does not clear the source byte.
Key features supported by S7-1200 CPU firmware V4.1.1 include:
- You can use configuration control (option handling) to define a maximum machine configuration including modules that you might not actually use during operation.
- The Web server now supports access through the IP address of selected CP (communications processor) modules in the local rack as well as through the IP address of the S7-1200 CPU.
- Enhanced motion functionality
- Period measurement using High-speed counters (HSC)
- Dynamic copy protection binding of program blocks with a mandatory password
- Enhanced PROFINET functionality, including support for shared devices and shared I-devices
- Several new programming instructions
- Increase in CPU work memory
Required software: TIA Portal with STEP 7 V13 SP1 Basic or STEP 7 V13 SP1 Professional