Announcement of product phase-out for the 1st Generation Basic Panels
The 1st Generation SIMATIC HMI Basic Panels have been actively marketed since the beginning of 2009. These products are scheduled to be phased out as per Oct. 1, 2016. The devices will still be available as new parts as usual.
As stipulated in the notice of discontinuation, the spare parts and repair service is scheduled to continue during the next 10 years. More information on the spare parts service is provided under Spare parts and repair service.
Phased-out products are not recommended for new applications. For new machines and systems, we recommend that you use the successor products 2nd Generation Basic Panels. A brief overview about the advantages is provided in the following paragraph respectively under Basic Panels 2nd Generation.
When migrating to the Basic Panels 2nd Generation, lots of benefits result regarding the commissioning, operation and servicing of the operator panels, together with minimum migration expenditure.
During commissioning, you benefit from:
- User-friendly backup and restore of configuration, operating system and firmware via USB stick with series machines
Flexible connection options of, for example, mouse or keyboard via USB
Installation compatibility with Comfort Panels
Multiple HMI options result from:
- The high resolution and extensive range of display colors,
- the innovative user interface with intuitive usability (e.g. scrolling in lists) as well as
- new controls and graphics for an attractive machine design
The service can be easily simplified through:
- The archiving options and thus simplified fault diagnostics
- the device replacement without PC and engineering software via Backup/Restore using a USB stick
the integrated web browser for, e.g., fast access to the web server of the S7-1200 or S7-1500 controllers
The project is easily migrated via a device change in WinCC (TIA Portal). You can, of course, migrate your existing projects from WinCC flexible with little effort to WinCC (TIA Portal) .
Thus, you can quickly migrate your current configuration cost-efficiently to the 2nd Generation Basic Panels. More information on the migration is provided in the Migration Guide Basic Panels
More information on the migration of your system is provided under Migration of systems (visualization)
Recommended successor devices for the 1st Generation Basic Panels
Basic Panels 1st Generation
Basic Panels 2nd Generation
KTP400 Basic mono PN
KTP400 Basic color PN
KTP600 Basic mono PN
KTP600 Basic color PN
|KTP600 Basic color DP||6AV6647-0AC11-3AX0|
|KTP700 Basic DP||6AV2123-2GA03-0AX0|
|KTP1000 Basic color PN||6AV6647-0AF11-3AX0||──►||KTP900 Basic||6AV2123-2JB03-0AX0|
KTP1000 Basic color DP
|KTP1200 Basic DP||6AV2123-2MA03-0AX0|
|TP1500 Basic color PN||6AV6647-0AG11-3AX0|
- You have a technical question / problem: Ask the Technical Support
- You want to discuss in our forum and exchange experiences with other users
- You want to create CAx data for one or more products
- You would like to send us feedback on this Entry