SIMOTION, PROFINET: A SIMOTION is also connected to a controller as I-Device in the same project
SIMOTION, PROFINET: A SIMOTION is also connected to a controller as I-Device in the same project, however communication cannot be established.
Why can't I establish communication to the I-Device?
• Possible cause:
If a controller is integrated as I-Device in the same project, when inserting the device, STEP7 Manager renames the I-Device, as a participant/node with this name already exists in the network. As a consequence, communication cannot be established to the I-Device, as the I-Device does not have the configured device name.
The I-Device is marked as "missing" in the diagnostics buffer and in the online view (HW Manager).
The I-Device must be correctly renamed.
After renaming, two devices with the same name exist in the network, as controller and as I-Device.
• For example, in the project, a controller has the name "SIMOTION-PNxIO".
• This controller is connected as I-Device to another controller via the STEP7 HW Manager
in the same project, e.g. to an S7.
• As a consequence, the I-Device is assigned device name "SIMOTION-PNxIO-1".
• The S7 controller now attempts to address a device with device name "SIMOTION-PNxIO-1"
– which does not exist.
• The name of the I-Device must be restored to "SIMOTION-PNxIO".
Screenshot from STEP7 NetPro with different names, although it involves the same device.
After renaming "SIMOTION-PNxIO-1" to "SIMOTION-PNxIO", the following message is displayed, which must be acknowledged with "Yes":