How do you enable cross-project S7 Routing in the TIA Portal and in STEP 7 V5.x?
The "S7 Routing" function permits you to access lower-level subnets from the PG/PC via a SIMATIC station. In this way there can also be routing from Industrial Ethernet to PROFIBUS. This is not IP routing for all services, but S7 routing for S7 connections only. This also includes PG connections.
The S7 routing is configured in the TIA Portal by default as soon as different subnets are configured. In STEP 7 V5.x, however, an additional configuration must be made in NetPro as described in this entry 2383206.
The instructions below show how to make an S7 station configured in STEP 7 V5.x routing-compatible for an S7 station configured in the TIA Portal.
Steps for STEP 7 V5.x
- Create a SIMATIC S7 station in STEP 7 V5.x, for example a SIMATIC 300 station with CPU 315-2 PN/DP, as a proxy for the controller configured in the TIA Portal, S7-1500 CPU, for instance.
- Set the interface of the CPU 315-2 PN/DP to exactly the IP address and PROFIBUS address which you configured in the TIA Portal for the S7-1500 CPU.
- In NetPro you configure the S7 Routing as in Entry 2383206.
- Double-click the Industrial Ethernet network "PG-PC Network", which connects the PG/PC with the controller that is already routing-compatible, in order to open the Properties dialog.
- Note the S7 subnet ID.
- Likewise note the S7 subnet ID of the Industrial Ethernet network "PLC Network".
- Download the configuration of the S7 Routing station from NetPro.
Steps for the TIA Portal
- In the TIA Portal you create a SIMATIC S7 station with the same hardware configuration as the S7 Routing station. It does not matter whether the modules match the existing configuration in article number and firmware. However, all the modules (CPU und CPs) associated with the S7 Routing must be slotted in the right slots and must have the same IP addresses and PROFIBUS addresses as in the configuration in STEP 7 V5.x.
- Mark the Industrial Ethernet network "PG-PC-Network" that connects the PG/PC with the S7 Routing station. The properties of the network are displayed in the inspector window.
- Enter the S7 subnet ID which is already configured in STEP 7 V5.x.
- Likewise take the S7 subnet ID for the Industrial Ethernet network "PLC Network" from STEP 7 V5.x.
- Download the configuration of the target system, S7-1500 CPU, for example, from the TIA Portal. To download from the TIA Portal via S7 Routing, in the "Extended download" dialog you specify that you are connected to the higher-level network and are using the S7 Routing station gateway.