TCP-Fileserver for S7 Controller
This application shows a convenient alternative to complex SCADA systems in the lower performance range. The application example consists of the following components:
- the STEP 7 blocks "TcpClient" in the individual S7 stations, which prepare the data and send it to the PC station.
- The "TCP-Fileserver" PC program receives the data from the SIMATIC stations and saves them line by line in the files.
The solution was realized for S7-300, S7-1200 and S7-1500 CPUs.
The following figure shows the configuration of the application.
The user interface is designed as the following:
This example offers you the following advantages:
- Economic alternative for small applications
- Easy configuration
- Individual expandability by open source code
- Transferring and saving of the data in any formats (CSV, XML, binary etc.), since the formatting is performed in the program of the S7 controller.
Documentation und example project
Documentation (1,4 MB)
Project for TIA Portal (V15) and TCP-Fileserver (1,2 MB)
In the project folder, you also find the SCL-Source for the block "TcpClient". If you use another TIA-Version, you can import the source into your project.