SIMATIC Library LCalcMC – Calculation of motion profile details
When moving axes in production machines, the following questions are of particular interest:
- How much time will a positioning take?
- How long does it take to reach the target velocity?
- How much distance is traveled when a velocity change is commanded?
- What acceleration is needed to complete a positioning in a certain time?
- When must a movement be stopped at the latest to avoid a crash (collision monitoring)?
- How can maximum required power be reduced?
- How can the jerk be limited to achieve minimal wear on the machine?
The library LCalcMC for SIMATIC provides easy-to-use calculation functions that help the user to find solutions to the above questions. The function results can be used for programming the motion profiles with respect to the dynamics (velocity, acceleration, deceleration, jerk).
The functions can be called in every programming language in the user program, e.g. SCL or LAD/FBD.