SIMATIC CPG Template
State-of-the-art packaging machines and lines are extremely versatile and must provide high throughput rates with the highest possible degree of flexibility. Reducing the total cost of ownership and investment security are also crucial issues. Big end customers expect machines from different vendors to have the same usability and diagnostics. In addition, a standardized access to the machine data from upper level systems must be guaranteed to be able to e.g. analyze product flow, acquire machine operating hours or calculate performance data. The key to achieving these objectives is adopting international standards.
This application template, known as the SIMATIC CPG Template, can be used as a basis to implement an OMAC PackML compliant project and provides you with the tested code with clearly defined interfaces, including an HMI template.
The SIMATIC CPG Template combines the PackML guidelines for mode and states management and standard interface (PackTags) together with the ISA-S88 Make2Pack modularity concept and an integrated alarming concept to provide you with a ready to use solution for your OMAC compliant projects.
The CPG Template is an OMAC PackML compliant template project which includes the following features:
- Based upon open source template from global CPG companies. User logic is based on Ladder Logic (LAD) while the supporting code is based on Structured Control Language (SCL)
- Built upon Siemens OMAC Mode and State management implementation (based on OMAC PackML Machine and Unit States library corresponding to TR88.00.02-2015)
- Integrated HMI Template (CPG philosophy)
- Integrated Alarms, Warnings and Status functionality (Code and HMI)
- Integrated PackML command and status philosophy (Code)
- Modular structure (based on ISA-S88 Make2Pack) including Unit, Equipment Modules (EMs) and Control Modules (CMs) levels
- OEE calculation (based upon TR88.00.02-2008) and visualization
- Multi-lingual support
- Available for SIMATIC S7-1500(T), adaptation for S7-1200 possible
- Simple, intuitive
- Based on a well-known template concept for CPG Industry
- Increases understanding and readability of the code
- Code designed for your machine and your purpose: start simple, add features/complexity as you need it
- Robust and tested code
- Code provided free of charge to the OMAC community
- Proven on simple and complex machines
- Reduced mean time to repair (MTTR)
Knowledge about the contents of the ISA and OMAC documentations and our OMAC PackML V3 Machine and Unit States library is an advantage when it comes to understanding the solution described in this documentation. Siemens recommends that all customers purchase and download the ‘ANSI/ISA-TR88.00.02-2015, Machine and Unit States: An implementation example of ANSI/ISA-88.00.01’ standard.
STEP 7 Professional, WinCC Comfort V14 SP1 (TIA Portal)
For the usage in newer STEP 7 versions see corresponding system manuals (Compatibility of projects/PLC
SIMATIC Manual 03/2019 (5,0 MB)
SIMATIC CPG Template V1.1.0 (6,3 MB)
motioncontrol_apc_applications, CPG Suite
- You have a technical question / problem: Ask the Technical Support
- You want to discuss in our forum and exchange experiences with other users
- You want to create CAx data for one or more products
- You would like to send us feedback on this Entry