SIMATIC PCS 7 in the pharmaceutical industry “Blood Plasma Fractionation” (demo project)
Blood plasma fractionation is the process by which proteins are obtained from the human blood plasma. This process involves several phases and takes place under strict guidelines and strictly controlled ambient conditions.
The application example is realized as a SIMATIC PCS 7 multiproject in accordance with ISA-88 and provides a template that comprises all typical components, their open- and closed-loop control, the necessary logic and locking as well as the visualization. It is modularly structured and based on standardized equipment and control modules.
- Unit for thawing deep-frozen blood plasma
- Unit for the production of coagulation factor VIII
- Production line for blood plasma fractionation by adding ethanol
Using the application example has the following advantages:
- A reduction of the knowledge necessary to develop applications
- A decrease in the configuration effort
- More flexible setup and adaptation due to equipment modules
SIMATIC PCS 7 V8.1
SIMATIC BATCH V8.1
Media system - Pharma Demo Applications
Application example - SIMATIC PCS 7 in the pharmaceutical industry "Fermentation"
Application example - SIMATIC PCS 7 in the pharmaceutical industry “Freeze Dryer”
Application example - PCS 7 Unit Template "CIP - Cleaning in Place"