In STEP 7 (TIA Portal) for S7-1500, how do you store a sequence of modules in a library in order to be able to use the same arrangement for other projects?
You should save this arrangement of modules in the master copy in a global library in such a way that you can use a single drag-and-drop copy procedure to configure the same arrangement for a new station or project.
- Create a new global library or open an existing global library.
- To select multiple modules you keep the <Shift> pressed and select the required modules in reverse order. Start with the module that is configured for the last slot. In this example it is the modules at slots 11, 10, 9, ... 2.
- Right-click and in the pop-up menu you select "Copy".
- In the global library you right-click "Master copies" and in the pop-up menu you select the command "Paste as a single master copy".
- Change the name of the master copy as required. In this case the name is "Drive_HW".
- Open the Device View of your project or station into which you want to insert the module arrangement. In this example the station has been configured with a CPU 1511-1 PN.
- Drag-and-drop the master copy to slot 2 of the device configuration. The order of the modules is then taken from your master copy.
- Save and compile the configuration.
Detailed information on this topic is available in the Online Help under "Paste Master Copies".
The screens in this FAQ response were created with STEP 7 (TIA Portal) V13 SP1.