What are the system requirements for Online Software Delivery (OSD)?
Supported Browser Versions
To make optimum use of Online Software Delivery (OSD) we recommend the latest version of one of the following browsers:
- Internet Explorer
In the browser settings you enable the following settings:
- "Allow session cookies"
Further information and help for the settings for each browser is available via the links in the following table:
|Internet Explorer Help||Internet Explorer Help|
|Edge Help||Edge Help|
|Chrome Help||Chrome Help|
|Firefox Help||Firefox Help|
We also recommend that you disable the Internet Explorer default setting "Do not save encrypted pages to disk". This setting is to be found in the "Internet Properties" in the "Advanced" tab.
Requirements for License Transfer
For transferring licenses you need the latest version of the Automation License Manager (ALM) or of the TIA Administrator. The current version and other useful information is available as a download in Entry ID 114358.
Required Settings for the Download of Licenses
If you have problems displaying OSD, check with your System Administrator whether you have access (Proxy/Firewall) to the following domains:
- www .automation.com
System Requirements Testing
To check that the settings you have made are correct you can transfer a test license via OSD. Proceed as follows for this:
- To transfer a test license you must open OSD via one of the license handling programs. For this you start the TIA Administrator and you open OSD via the "Download software" tile. Alternatively you can start the ALM and open OSD via the link "Web License Key Download".
- In OSD you go to the "Help" tab and click "System test".
- Click the "Transfer license(s)" field and drag-and-drop the license to the desired target drive (in the TIA Administrator you click the "Transfer license(s)" button. A dialog opens for selecting the target directory).
- Confirm the message that follows with "Yes".
- After successful transfer the test license is on your selected target drive.
SWDL, LKDL, SUS, DL