Entry type: FAQ Entry ID: 109476499, Entry date: 06/08/2015
How do you configure and parameterize a PROFINET IO device on a SIMATIC S7 with STEP 7 V5?
Configuration and parameterization of a PROFINET IO device on a SIMATIC S7 with STEP 7 V5.
- You have created the hardware configuration of the SIMATIC S7 in STEP 7 V5.
- The SIMATIC S7 is configured as PROFINET IO controller.
- On the PROFINET IO system of the SIMATIC S7 you have added the PROFINET IO device, ET 200S, for example.
Follow the instructions below to commission a PROFINET IO device, ET 200S, for example.
- In the Properties of the PROFINET IO device you enter the device name and IP address of the PROFINET IO device. The IP address is assigned by the PROFINET IO controller.
- In the Hardware Configuration you select the menu "PLC > Ethernet > Verify Device Name". The "Verify Device Name" dialog opens.
- In the "Verify Device Name" dialog the device name and status of the device is shown for all the available devices. If the "Not assigned" status is displayed, click the "Assign Name..." button. The "Assign device name" dialog opens.
- In the "Assign device name" dialog, under "Available devices:" you mark the PROFINET IO device, ET 200S, for example, to which you want to assign a device name.
Under "Device name" you select the device name you entered in the Properties dialog (see Fig. 02).
Click the "Assign name" button. The device name entered in the hardware configuration is assigned to the PROFINET IO device.
Click the "Close" button to close the "Assign device name" dialog.
- After assigning the device name the device name is displayed in the "Verify Device Name" dialog with the "assigned" status.
Click the "Close" button to close the "Verify Device Name" dialog.
- Load the hardware configuration into the SIMATIC S7 CPU.
- In the SIMATIC Manger you select the menu "PLC > Display Accessible Nodes" to have all the accessible nodes in the network displayed.
- The PROFINET IO device, ET 200S, for example, is displayed under "Accessible Nodes" with the assigned device name and assigned IP address.
In order to protect technical infrastructures, systems, machines and networks against cyber threats, it is necessary to implement – and continuously maintain – a holistic, state-of-the-art IT security concept. Siemens’ products and solutions constitute one element of such a concept. For more information about cyber security, please visithttps://www.siemens.com/cybersecurity#Ouraspiration.
Personalization saves you typing! If you have already been registered, you can login directly. If you are not registered yet, you can inform and register yourself without obligation here (our service is free of charge).
Number of characters: 0 (max. 500)
Send copy of comment to sender. (login required)
*) Important: Please use this form for general feedback only. All technical and specialist topics should be directed to the expert community in the Technical Forum.
Support to the statistics
With this function the IDs found are listed according to number (format .txt).
Topic pages for this entry