Siemens Conversion Studio: Migrating Controller Software from Rockwell to Siemens
In the course of a migration from a Rockwell system to a solution with SIMATIC S7-1500, the controller software can either be implemented entirely new or be converted. Both is usually a manual process, hence time consuming and subject to errors.
Further difficulties arise from the fact that documentations are not always kept up to date or may even be lost entirely.
Automated with a tool, the controller software can be converted into those components that allow similar views in the new target system. More complex structures and instructions can be implemented to a limited extend. Here, Siemens Conversion Studio provides options for efficient migration.
The following controller families are supported:
- SLC 500
- ControlLogix/ CompactLogix
- LAD (KOP)
- Fast implementation by selecting an automated migration
- Reduced error quota by adopting routine compilations
If a migration is coming up, please contact your regional contact person. There, you obtain further information and support also for tool-supported migration of code.
Contact persons worldwide
- You have a technical question / problem: Ask the Technical Support
- You want to discuss in our forum and exchange experiences with other users
- You want to create CAx data for one or more products
- You would like to send us feedback on this Entry