Service Pack 4 for STEP 7 V5.5 and STEP 7 Professional Edition 2010
Service Pack 4 (SP4) for STEP 7 V5.5 is now available and can be obtained as a free download (entry ID: 93842624). It is also possible to order a DVD for a nominal charge from your Siemens Partner. The order number is 6ES7810-4CC10-0YA7. NCM S7 for PROFIBUS and Industrial Ethernet is included in SP4. Customers with a current Software Update Service contract (SUS) for STEP 7 or STEP 7 Professional will automatically be mailed the corresponding DVD.
SP4 can directly be installed onto an existing STEP 7 V5.5. SP4 can also be used to update STEP 7 Professional Edition 2010.
The license for STEP 7 V5.5 remains valid with SP4.
Prerequisites for the Installation of SP4 for STEP 7 V5.5:
- STEP 7 V5.5 (with or without Service Pack)
- STEP 7 Professional Edition 2010 (with or without Service Release)
Supported Operating Systems:
- MS Windows 7 32-/64-Bit Ultimate, Professional and Enterprise (Standard Installation) with or without SP1
- MS Windows Server 2008 R2 (64-Bit) with or without SP1
The following operating systems continue to be available as installation base:
- MS Windows XP Professional with SP2 or SP3 (32-Bit)
- MS Windows Server 2003 SP2 Standard Edition R2 as Workstation Computer
- A change of operating system with an already installed STEP 7 is not permitted / possible. Before switching the operating system, STEP 7 and any present option packages to STEP 7 have to be deinstalled and the license key be secured on USB stick or disk.
- The compatibility of STEP 7 V5.5 SP4 with other SIMATIC software products as well as Windows operating systems is outlined in the following FAQ entry and the included compatibility tool (entry ID 18734363)..
- Further can be found in the file:
English: README.pdf ( 148 KB )
German: LIESMICH.pdf ( 157 KB )
We have compiled all functional changes and enhancements introduced with STEP 7 V5.5 and SP4 for you:
English: STEP7_What's_New.pdf ( 16 KB )
German: STEP7_Was_ist_neu.pdf ( 16 KB )
With SP4, an update of the module catalog takes place as well. The list of newly added modules can be found in this attachment:
English: STEP7_New_Modules.pdf ( 71 KB )
German: STEP7_Neue_Baugruppen.pdf ( 59 KB )
To work with STEP 7, it is sufficient to be logged in as a user (no guest login). For the installation of the STEP 7 software, you must possess administrator rights. For the setup of modules via the application "PG/PC Interface Setup", additional rights are required under MS Windows 7, which are assigned to the user groups "Siemens TIA Engineer" and "Network Configuration Operator". When using option packages, the rights required for the respective option packages need to be observed.