Line Integration at the Food & Beverage Industry - Network planning and diagnose
In the Food & Beverage Industry is substantial room for improvement, to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of existing and planned new production lines.
An essential contribution to this will provide the integrated linking of production lines and machines from the inbound of raw material to production, packaging up to the outgoing goods, as well as the consistent recording of production parameters like quantities, machine time, and so on. These data can be analyzed at management systems and sustainable measures for improvement can be initiated to save production costs and optimize the usage of all resources like water, air, gas, energy and steam.
For these reasons customers increasingly install production monitoring systems covering the complete wall to wall production flow from intake of raw materials through the actual production of their products until the final packaging and palletizing for shipping.
Siemens offers full standardized ready-to-use machine integration for OEM machine builders with full support by Siemens Line Management System for the line operating authority. To support this process, Siemens offers a ready to use Line Integration Concept for the Food & Beverage Industry. The software is based on the international standard of OMAC-User group and Weihenstephan Standards which sets the industry-standard for the according data interfaces.
Obviously these software applications should be considered already at the planning and contracting phase of production and packaging lines/areas with integration and this hyperlink should be provided to the suppliers of machines and production lines/areas as well as system integrators.
For questions concerning the application, please feel free to address your local Siemens contact.
Additional Siemens offers a standardized network structure and diagnose concept for machines and lines based on the Line Management System. The structures are described and a pro / con analyse based on diagnose possibilities is provided. These are the base network concepts:
- NAT translation
- Plant wide IP structure
- Use of CP
There is also a description how to integrate the SINEMA Server (Network Monitoring Software for Windows) in the Line HMI concept.
Your benefits at a glance
- Standardization of a network structure for a plant
- Server/Client architecture with web user interface
- Diagnostics of other SINEMA Servers with status display
- Automatic topology detection with continuous network monitoring and visualization
- User views: Integration of the network in your facility
- More flexible grouping of devices with connection status
- Optimized industrial functions (STP, RSTP, HSR, MRP)
- Support of VLAN
- Comprehensible network reports from the database
- Clear presentation of statistical data over time
- Personalized web diagnostics with multi-user architecture
- Standard diagnostics of third-party devices (SNMP V1/V3)
- Adaptation of device diagnostics and alarm messaging with profiles
- Easy integration in WinCC or other SCADA systems thanks to flexible URL link and "single sign-on"
- SIMATIC WinCC V7.3 Update7
- SINEMA Server V13 SP1
Documentation - Network Concept and Diagnose (4,0 MB)
SIMATIC WinCC Library for SINEMA integration (59,8 KB)
Complete revision, enhancement
PWA, Plant wide automation, WS Pack, S88