Firmware update for CPU 1214 FC, DC/DC/DC, 14DI/10DO/2AI
When updating the firmware, always update to the latest version available for the product and its respective article number. The previous versions of the firmware are only intended as backup to allow a downgrade to the original version. Until now this is not known to have been necessary in any case.
The respective latest version of a CPU firmware is valid for all versions of that article number.
Required user action:
You can install the CPU firmware update from the Web server, the SIMATIC Automation tool (98161300), the online diagnostic functions of STEP 7, or by making an SIMATIC memory card using the Siemens customer support Web site that contains the firmware update. The S7-1200 System Manual documents these methods.
If you use an SIMATIC memory card to install the CPU firmware update, retentive memory is retained. However, if you use the Web server or online diagnostic functions of STEP 7 to install the update, retentive memory is lost.
If you close the Web browser while in the process of performing a firmware update from the Web server, you will be unable to change the operating mode of the CPU to RUN mode. If this situation happens, you must cycle power to the CPU to be able to change the CPU to RUN mode.
Overview of article numbers and firmware versions of the CPU 1214 FC, DC/DC/DC, 14DI/10DO/2AI:
Note: The software is subject to export restrictions, a download is only available to registered users.
|Update with ...|
|V4.3.1||Third-party software - Licensing terms and copyright|
You can find the copyright information for third-party software contained in this product, particularly open source software, as well as applicable licensing terms of such third-party software in the Readme_OSS_V430_en_US file.
|6ES7214-1AF40-0XB0||V4.2.3||Third-party software - Licensing terms and copyright|
You can find the copyright information for third-party software contained in this product, particularly open source software, as well as applicable licensing terms of such third-party software in the Readme_OSS_V423_en_US file.
Third-party software - Licensing terms and copyright
For a description, see below Update 4.2.0
The S7-1200 CPU firmware update V4.3.1 replaces the V4.3.0 and corrects the following issues:
- An interruption of a firmware update causes the PLC to become unrecoverable
- A communication freeze can happen when under a broadcast storm
New features in the V4.3 release:
- Secure Open User Communication (OUC)
- system support for SSL / TLS secured communication
- Certificate management for CPU
- Ability to load certificates created in STEP 7 to the S7-1200 CPU for Secure OUC
CPU Firmware update V4.2.3 replaces CPU Firmware update V4.2.1
This update corrects the following:
- An issue by reading multidimensional array through user defined web pages
- The D_ACT_DP instruction behavior
- An issue with Prioritized Startup
- An issue when updating firmware from 4.1.3 to 4.2.1 when not using the firmware update card
CPU Firmware update V4.2.1. replaces CPU Firmware update V4.2.0.
CPU Firmware update V4.2.1 makes improvements to several customer-reported areas of functionality.
CPU Firmware update V4.2.1 allows the S7-1200 CPU to accept a project download from STEP 7 V13 (TIA Portal V13) where the project includes high-speed counters (HSCs).
CPU Firmware update V4.2.0 replaces CPU Firmware update V4.1.3
- Key features supported by S7-1200 CPU firmware V4.2 include:
- Control/Monitoring of fail-safe devices on PROFINET IO and PROFIBUS DP
- Improved CPU execution times
- Enhancements to the Web server
- New programming instructions including 2 new basic instructions and 24 extended instructions
- New communication capabilities
- Backup and restore of an online S7-1200 CPU and F-CPU from STEP 7
- New high-speed counter (HSC) capabilities
- Enhancements to capturing and loading an online DB snapshot
- Introduced F-CPU to F-CPU communication in CPU firmware V4.2 and STEP 7 Safety Basic V14 or STEP 7 Safety Advanced V14
The desribed functionality requires the software: STEP 7 V14 Basic or Professional.
NOTICE: S7-1200 CPUs with Functional Stand 05 (FS: 05) or later cannot be downgraded to firmware versions prior to V4.2.0.
CPU Firmware update V4.1.3 replaces CPU Firmware update V4.1.2.
S7-1200 FW V4.1.3 allows to execute motion function blocks in any OB.
To ensure proper operation of motion control programs with S7-1200 FW V4.1.2, it must execute all motion function blocks from OB 1 or from blocks that OB 1 calls. To use motion control without this restriction, use FW V4.1.1.
If it isn't used motion control in the project, it can used FW V4.1.2.
S7-1200 CPU Firmware update V4.1.2 improves CPU program execution time of some instructions through targeted instruction optimization.