SIMATIC PCS 7 in the pharmaceutical industry “Fermentation” (demo project)
Fermentation is the process of cultivating organic materials. This process involves several phases and takes place under strict guidelines and strictly controlled ambient conditions.
The application example is realized as a SIMATIC PCS 7 multiproject in accordance with ISA-88 and provides a template that comprises all typical components, their open- and closed-loop control, the necessary logic and locking as well as the visualization. It is modularly structured and based on standardized equipment and control modules.
This application example contains typical equipment modules for controlling a fermentation system, e.g.:
- Dosing substances
- Controlling the stirrer
- Controlling the temperature, the pressure, the airflow rate and the pH values
- Cleaning the fermenter and transferring the materials
In the application example, the sequence of the entire process is controlled via SIMATIC BATCH.
Using the application example has the following advantages:
- A reduction of the knowledge necessary to develop applications
- A decrease in the configuration effort
- More flexible setup and adaptation due to equipment modules
- SIMATIC PCS 7 V8.1 and SIMATIC BATCH V8.1
- SIMATIC PCS 7 V9.0 SP1 and SIMATIC BATCH V9.0 SP1
Media system - Pharma Demo Applications
Application example - SIMATIC PCS 7 in the pharmaceutical industry “Blood Plasma Fractionation”
Application example - SIMATIC PCS 7 in the pharmaceutical industry “Freeze Dryer”
Application example - PCS 7 Unit Template "CIP - Cleaning in Place"
Application example - Equipment Modules for PCS 7 using the example of the Chemical Industry
Update to PCS 7 V9.0 SP1 and Integration of Smart Alarm Hiding