Current Version S7-1500 Software Controller V1.8 for ET 200SP Open Controller
New features of the S7-1500 Software Controller, CPU 1505S, V1.8.1
- The number of supported axes for motion has been increased from 6 axes (V1.7) to 30 axes
Corrections for S7-1500 Software Controller, CPU 1505S, V1.8.1
- Multiple selection of a diagnostic buffer entry or interrupt in the display
It may happen that an entry in the diagnostic buffer or display must be selected multiple times until the correct detail information is displayed. This behavior has been improved with version V1.8.1.
- CPU goes to STOP with Windows reboot
In rare cases, it could happen that the CPU displayed a critical firmware exception error in the diagnostic buffer during a Windows reboot and then changed to STOP. This behavior has been improved with version V1.8.1.
- Data mixed up during transfer to an ODK function when the same function is called from different execution levels (OB)
If an ODK function is called from different execution levels (OB), it may happen that the data is transferred incorrectly. With version V1.8.1, you can call an ODK function from different execution levels (OB) without the risk of data corruption.
- CPU goes to STOP when calling ODK functions and the "GetTrace" function on different execution levels
When calling ODK functions in an interrupt OB (e.g. OB 32) and reading back the trace function in OB1, it may happen that the CPU goes to STOP operating state after a critical firmware exception error. With version 1.8.1, the "GetTrace" function can be called independent of the execution levels.
- After voltage off/on, the ET 200SP PtP module does not work correctly
After a voltage cycle, it may happen that the ET 200SP PtP module does not work correctly. With version V1.8.1, the ET 200SP PtP module can be operated correctly after voltage off/on.
Download of the S7-1500 Software Controller, CPU 1505S V1.8.1
The entry for the download is available at the following link:
Download ID: 109478528
Unzip the content of the ISO file to a suitable data storage medium (e.g. USB stick)
Installation of the update
If version 1.7 of the CPU 1505S is installed on your ET 200SP Open Controller, proceed as follows to install version 1.8 of the CPU 1505S:
- If necessary, disable the Enhanced Write Filter (EWF).
- Start the CPU 1515SP PC in "Windows only" mode. Keep in mind that the Run/Stop switch must stay pressed in the MRES position to allow for a keyboard entry in the GRUB menu during the Windows reboot.
- Uninstall the CPU 1505S manually in the Control Panel. Please note that this action also deletes the corresponding partition on the CFast card with the user files and executable ODK files.
- Restart the CPU 1515SP PC.
- Install the new version 1.8 as described in the CPU 1505S manual ("Installing" section) with the "Start.exe" file.
- After the installation, select the shortcut menu command "Restart all services of the PC station" on the PC station display in the system tray.
Note: You must download your TIA project again after the installation!