What should you do when the Role Management no longer opens in the SIMATIC Manager on a 32-bit operating system?
Repair installation via the Control Panel of Microsoft Windows
- Windows 7 / Windows Server 2008: Start > Control Panel > Programs and Features
- Windows XP / Windows Server 2003: Start > Settings > Control Panel > Software
- Select the Siemens Automation License Manager in the list of installed software.
- Click the "Change" button.
- The Setup of the Siemens Automation License Manager starts.
- In the dialog that opens you click the "Next" button and then select "Repair program".
- Continue the dialog with "Next" and then enable the "Repair" function.
Repair installation using the software package of the Siemens Automation License Manager
Beforehand you should compare the installed version of the ALM with the installation data media. The software package must correspond to the last installed version (including updates).
1. Start the Setup (Setup.exe) of the Automation License Manager (ALM) on the installation data media.
2. In the dialog that opens you click "Next" and select the menu item "Repair program".
3. Continue the dialog with "Next" and then enable the "Repair" function.
After this repair installation it should once again be possible to open the Role Management in the SIMATIC Manager.