Setting up a secure VPN Connection between SINEMA Remote Connect Client, SCALANCE S615 and SINEMA Remote Connect Server
A VPN tunnel is the typical way to establish a secure connection between two networks (e.g., automation networks or individual devices).
A VPN is a virtual, logical private network based on a publicly accessible infrastructure. Only communication partners that belong to this private network can communicate with each other and exchange information and data.
This application shows the user how to establish a secure connection between two networks over the Internet with the aid of Siemens’ Security Products portfolio.
This solution to implement the task is based on SINEMA Remote Connect Appliance and requires the SINEMA Remote Connect Server as software.
A PC/notebook computer with the SINEMA Remote Connect Client and the SCALANCE S615 serve as remote ends.
The solution described in this application has the following characteristics:
- User management and connection management via a central server application.
- Secure and easy dial-in to the plants from anywhere in the world.
- Controlled, encrypted data traffic between users, widely distributed plants and machines through a VPN tunnel.
- Verification of the SINEMA Remote Connect Server by the CA certificate.
- Low investment and operating costs for monitoring and controlling remotely connected substations.
- High degree of security for machines and plants through the implementation of the cell protection concept.
Protocol-independent, IP-based communication.
Easiest connection of terminal units (SCALANCE S615) and SINEMA Remote Connect Client (requires little IT know-how).
Documentation (1,4 MB)
Getting Started with Industrial Remote Communication
All-round protection with Industrial Security
Which settings do you have to make for the SCALANCE S615 to be connected by Open VPN to the SINEMA Remote Connect Server?
Add new Link in "Additional Information"
- You have a technical question / problem: Ask the Technical Support
- You want to discuss in our forum and exchange experiences with other users
- You want to create CAx data for one or more products
- You would like to send us feedback on this Entry