What should you watch out for with online functions with the SIMATIC S7-1500 software controller CPU 1507S?
The requirements to be fulfilled for the online functions with the SIMATIC S7-1500 software controller CPU 1507S are described in the cases below:
- Commissioning via the Windows Ethernet interfaces
- Online functions via the Ethernet interfaces assigned to Windows
- Online functions via the PROFINET interfaces assigned exclusively to the CPU
Commissioning via the Windows Ethernet interfaces
The commissioning of an IPC with installed CPU 1507S is done via the Ethernet interface PN/IE (LAN) X1, because this interface is always made available by Windows.
The following requirements are to be met for commissioning:
Installation of the diagnostics software SIMATIC IPC DiagBase
- The diagnostics software SIMATIC IPC DiagBase V1.5 or higher must be installed on your IPC
- Update the BIOS and the graphics driver
- Check whether the configured IPC exactly matches the destination IPC
- Make sure that the IP address of the Windows Ethernet interface matches the IP address set in the project
The software SIMATIC IPC DiagBase V 1.5 or higher provides the information about the PC platform. This permits you to check whether the configured and the actual IPC platform match before downloading the configuration data. This is very important, because the hypervisor for the software controller is configured with the downloaded configuration data. This configuration data is exclusive to the selected IPC platform only works on that platform.
The current version of the software SIMATIC IPC DiagBase is available for downloading in Entry ID 29316343.
Updating the BIOS and graphics driver
Windows can be restarted independently of the software controller. However, here the PC hardware is not reset physically, the software is reset by the hypervisor. For this resetting to run smoothly the latest versions of the BIOS and the graphics driver must be available. The product information of the CPU 1507S includes the necessary reference information.
The product information is available in Entry ID: 104943430.
Online functions via the Ethernet interfaces assigned to Windows
After commissioning all the online functions can be performed unrestricted via the interfaces assigned to Windows.
Online functions via PROFINET interfaces assigned exclusively to the CPU
Online functions like "Download" or "Monitor Variables" are basically also possible via the interfaces assigned exclusively to the CPU. Conditions:
- The IPC and the CPU 1507S must be already configured. For this the commissioning via the Windows interface is necessary. The background is that the PROFINET interfaces are only known and assigned to the CPU after commissioning.
- Do not make any changes to the properties which require a complete download of the whole station:
- Module name of CPU, "Software PLC_1", for example
- Boot-up behavior (automatic start)
- Index (internal PC address)
Use of the HW LED
- Retentivity: Using NVRAM or mass storage to store retained data
More information about S7-1500 software controller CPU 1507S and CPU 1505S is available in Entry ID: 109249299.