Fast and easy generation of Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams with COMOS P&ID
Objective of this COMOS P&ID application example
This application example is a best practice example and shows you the basic functions and operating instructions for the COMOS P&ID software solution.
COMOS P&ID is used primarily in the following phases of plant engineering:
- Basic engineering
- Detail engineering
These planning phases include a variety of requirements to improve the conventional process, save time, reduce costs and conserve resources.
The following requirements should be fulfilled:
- One-time entry and reuse of data by means of centralized data management and standardized interfaces to external data sources or applications. The aim is to ensure consistency across all disciplines.
- Full integration of all disciplines involved in the planning of the plant engineering.
- Traceability of changes across discipline boundaries.
- A uniform database from the first process design right through to plant operations.
- Recognizing, documenting, reviewing, and releasing data changes.
This application example gives you initial insights on how the software solution COMOS and in particular
COMOS P&ID fulfill the requirements listed here.
It also explains the benefits of the software.
Valid as of COMOS V10.1 SP3
COMOS example project based on iDB (223,5 MB)
Controlled plant engineering from the outset with COMOS FEED
More help and useful information about COMOS is available via the COMOS topic page:
This page gives you a quick overview of the all the important COMOS and PAA entries in Online Support like:
- Application Examples
(Best Practice, Getting Started)
- Media Systems (videos)