SINAMICS S120: Delivery release for the new version V1.1 of the SINAMICS Technology Extension POLYGON (Polygonal Line)
- Brief description of the product
- Application fields / typical applications
- Product properties and technical details
- Preconditions / dependencies
- Supplementary conditions / functional restrictions
- Ordering data
1. Brief description of the product
For SINAMICS, the Technology Extension POLYGON, part of the Advanced Technology Functions, is an expansion for the SERVO, VECTOR, and HLA drive objects. The SINAMICS Technology Extensions are also known as SINAMICS Open Architecture.
The polygonal line application makes it possible to create a master-value-dependent output signal based on a parameterized characteristic in the current controller sampling time (or an integer multiple of the current controller sampling time). The characteristic is defined by up to 10,000 equidistantly distributed interpolation points between which linear interpolation is performed. The y values of the interpolation points can be taken from an Excel sheet using a script. By interconnecting the output signals to different connector inputs, it is possible to create the different relationships via the characteristic functionality, e.g.:
- Position-position reference
- Position-speed reference
- Position-torque reference
- Generation of a specific output signal dependent on the master value for further processing as actual position, speed, torque and analog value.
- Provision of the specific signal via a characteristic with up to 10,000 interpolation points.
Fast master value detection and signal generation in the current controller clock cycle.
Comprehensive dynamic functions for scaling and conversion of the master value and the output signal.
2. Typical applications
For example, the following applications can be implemented with POLYGON:
- Generation of special signal shapes together with the Technology Extension SETPGEN, see92045367, which generates the master value.
- Compensation for dead times and transfer function of speed setpoint oscillation.
- Actual encoder position value as the master value for operating on a user-defined torque profile.
- Drive-integrated cam.
3. Product properties and technical details
The Technology Extension POLYGON allows you to generate an output signal depending on a master value via a characteristic. The characteristic is defined via interpolation points. The master value is typically the actual encoder position value Gn_XIST1. In this case, the actual position value depends on the encoder pulse number and the fine resolution.
The actual position value can be converted to a rotation using the POLYGON parameter assignment and suitable length and angle units. If a gear unit is interposed between the motor or encoder and the load, the gear ratio can also considered. A certain actual position value can be specified at a reference point by applying a setting value. A periodic signal is generated by defining a modulo length.
The characteristic is defined via a maximum of 10,000 equidistant interpolation points and parameterizable y values. Interpolation is carried out linearly between the interpolation points. The y values of the interpolation points can be taken from an Excel sheet using a script. This way, any signal shape can be stored. The output amplitude can also be freely scaled.
And superimposition of multiple characteristics is possible. In this way, additional signals can be superimposed on a useful signal. These additional signals can be generated, for example:
- With the Technology Extension POLYGON as master-value-dependent additional signals, i.e. depending e.g. on the momentary angle of rotation.
- With the Technology Extension SETPGEN, see92045367, as time-dependent additional signals that are independent of a master value.
The resulting signal can, for example, be interconnected as an actual torque, speed, or position value.
A detailed description with examples can be found in the following Functional Manual:
POLYGON_OA_Function_Manual_FH15_1015_deu.pdf (768.4 KB)
POLYGON_OA_Function_Manual_FH15_1015_eng.pdf (754.9 KB)
The Technology Extension can be subsequently added to SINAMICS S120, SINAMICSS150 and for SINAMICS Integrated in the versions SIMOTION D4xx and SINUMERIK 840D sl as of SINAMICS firmware V4.5, and is available for download as software at 109481724. POLYGON can be activated for the SERVO, VECTOR, and HLA drive objects, and is parameterized for each drive object.
The use of POLYGON requires a license. The Runtime license can be ordered via article number 6SL3077-0AA00-7AB0.
5. Supplementary conditions and functional restrictions
There are no supplementary conditions and functional restrictions for POLYGON.
6. Ordering data
The Runtime license for the licensing of the Technology Extension POLYGON can be ordered via article number 6SL3077-0AA00-7AB0.