Download for Firmware Update V3.2.9 of CP 443-1 (6GK7443-1EX30-0XE0 and 6GK7443-1EX30-0XE1)
Firmware version V3.2.9 is the successor to version V3.1.15 and contains functional enhancements and product improvements.
CP 443-1 (6GK7443-1EX30-0XE0 and 6GK7443-1EX30-0XE1) with firmware version V3.0 or V3.1 already in use can be upgraded with a firmware update.
The module's hardware version 1 was not changed.
This update contains safety-relevant changes which improve resistance to potential attack scenarios. We therefore recommend you update the firmware.
If you are using connections on port 502 of the CP (e.g. for SIMATIC MODBUS / TCP communication 22660304 (MLFB: 2XV9450 1MB00) SIMATIC MODBUS/TCP RED V2. 2XV9450-1MB11), please continue to use the previous version V3.1.15.
If you are using unspecified connections, please continue to use the previous version V3.1.15 or change the configuration to specified connections.
1. Functional enhancements
The CP can now identically configure the local port number twice for the configuration of passive TCP connection between the CP and a redundant partner . This is required, for example, when the partner is a redundant IEC master.
2. Product improvements
- Correction from SSA-763427: Vulnerability in communication processor (CP) modules SIMATIC CP 343-1, TIM 3V-IE, TIM 4R-IE, and CP 443-1
- For the DHCP function, the router settings are now correctly transferred from the configuration and during runtime.
- For communication via Send/Receive blocks, UDP multicast connections are correctly re-established after a stopping and starting the CPU
- The ‘Disable UDP buffering‘ function now also works with UDP multicast connections.
- Local port 123 is always used for time-of-day queries to a NTP server per NTP
- The wait time has been reduced from 5s to 1s for re-establishing an internally terminated UDP connection and for communication through Send/Receive blocks.
- In the event of a failure or reboot of the H-CPU, the high-availability S7 connections to the LAN communication partner running through the CP are disconnected within 1 second to allow a switchover to the standby connection.
Note on operation
You must observe the following when updating a module with firmware < V3.1.7:
NOTICE! Because a hardware block is updated in the background by the newly downloaded firmware, the CP may not be de-energized immediately after downloading the firmware. Wait about 4 minutes after confirmation of successful download of the firmware before you shut down the station or pull the CP. The firmware update is successfully completed when the CP can once again be reached through NCM diagnostics.
Configuration of all functions as of STEP 7 V5.5 SP4 and STEP 7 V5.5 SP4 HF 8 and HSP 1105
Configuration with STEP7 Professional V12 (TIAP) as V3.0.x with the range of functions provided by this.
Of course, in case of a device replacement or if the functionality of the predecessor module or previous FW version suffices, configuration and diagnostics can be executed using an earlier STEP7 version. Please refer to the device manual for more details.
4. Released CPU:
The CP on SIMATIC S7-400 CPU FW V5.2 or higher is released for the full functional scope.
SIMATIC S7 CPUs with firmware version V5.0 must at least be upgraded to V5.1.
The CP is released for SIMATIC S7 H-CPUs (fault-tolerant system) with firmware version V4.5 or higher
. Functional restriction:
The CP cannot be operated as a PROFINET IO controller with an H-CPU. This applies both to the fault-tolerant system and to the 1v1 system.
Refer to the manual in regard to compatibility with SIMATIC S7 CPUs with a version lower than FW 5.1 and H-CPUs with a version lower than V4.5.
5. Hardware version:
The current hardware version of the module continues to be hardware version 1.
6. Additional information on the CP 443-1
See delivery release under entry ID 60735787
7. Download firmware update
Third-party software - Licensing terms and copyright information
You can find the copyright information for third-party software contained in this product, particularly open source software, as well as applicable licensing terms of such third-party software in the Readme_OSS file.
Special information for resellers
The information and the license terms in the
Readme_OSS file must be passed on to the purchasing party to avoid license
infringements by the reseller or purchasing party.
The FW update V3.2 for CP 443-1 (6GK7443-1EX30-0XE0) is available for download via this link
8. Download the STEP7 classic configuration tool extensions for additional functions
Block library SIMATIC_NET_CP (requires STEP7 5.5 SP4)
- You have a technical question / problem: Ask the Technical Support
- You want to discuss in our forum and exchange experiences with other users
- You want to create CAx data for one or more products
- You would like to send us feedback on this Entry