What do you do if, when migrating a WinCC flexible project to WinCC TIA Portal, the procedure aborts and you get an error message?
When attempting to migrate WinCC flexible to WinCC TIA Portal, under certain circumstances you might get the following error message:
Requirements for the Migration
- WinCC flexible 2008 SP3 is installed (only required for integrated projects)
- The "Migration" option is installed in the WinCC TIA Portal
Installation of the "Migration" option
- Start the WinCC Basic/Comfort/Advanced Installation and select Modify/Upgrade.
- Under "Migration" you enable and install the "Project migration for WinCC flexible 2008…" option.
Checking the "SQL Server (WINCCPLUSMIGxxxx)" service
Under circumstances this error might continue to appear even though WinCC flexible and the "Migration" option are installed. In this case you proceed as follows:
- Switch to the Windows Services by entering "Services" in the Windows search and confirming with the "Enter" key.
- Check whether the "SQL Server (WINCCPLUSMIGxxxx)" service is available.
If the service is not available, you must apply one of the two methods below.
Enable the migration service (Method 1 - without Registry entry)
- If the project migration is already installed, remove the instance "WINCCPLUSMIGxxxx" fro the SQL server installation.
For this, under "Programs and Features" you select the "SQL Server 2008 R2" and click "Uninstall/Change".
- Select "Remove"
- Select "WINCCPLUSMIGxxxx" from the drop-down menu and follow the steps to remove the instance.
- Execute Installation of the "Migration" option again.
Enable the migration service (Method 2 - with Registry entry)
Before editing the Registry it is recommended to use System Recovery beforehand to create a recovery point. The recovery point contains Registry information and you can use it to undo changes made to the system. Further information is available in Windows in Help and Support under the keyword "System Recovery".
- Start the Registration editor "regedit.exe" with the option "Execute as administrator" under Windows > Start > Search > regedit.
- Export the following Registry Keys to create a backup copy:
- <HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL10_50.WINCCPLUSMIGxxxx>
- <HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Microsoft SQL Server\Instance Names\SQL>
- You then delete the two items 1 and 2 from the Registry.
- Install WinCC… without the "Migration" option:
WinCC V13 SP1 > Modify/Upgrade > Deselect "Migration for WinCC flexible 2008" > Install.
- Install WinCC… with the "Migration" option:
WinCC V13 SP1 > Modify/Upgrade > Select "Migration for WinCC flexible 2008" > Install.