How you configure a connection in the TIA Portal?
Connections of the types TCP, ISO-on-TCP, UDP, ISO and S7 connection are configured in the SIMATIC Manager in NetPro. These connections are configured in the same way in STEP 7 (TIA Portal).
In STEP 7 (TIA Portal) the S7 connections have to be configured in the Devices and Networks editor, in the Network view. With the other connections it depends on the locally used interface:
- Connections via a CP of S7-300 / S7-400 have to be configured in the Network view.
- Connections in S7-1200 or via the integrated interface of a CPU 31x or CPU 41x are established with the TCON, TSEND_C or TRCV_C instruction.
- Connections in S7-1500 can be either configured in the Network view or established with the TCON, TSEND_C or TRCV_C instruction. The exception is the ISO type of connection. This has to be configured in the Network view.
The instructions below are for configuring a connection in the Network view.
In the "Devices & Networks" editor you open the Network view.
Click "Connections". Select a connection, TCP connection, for example.
- Right-click the CPU and in the pop-up menu of the CPU you select the command "Add new connection".
- In the "Create new connection" dialog you configure new connections.
Select the connection type, TCP connection, for example. In the left part of the dialog you select the connection partner, "Unspecified", for example. In the right part of the dialog you select the local interface via which the communication is to run. Click the "Add" button. Close the dialog.
In the table area of the Network view you switch to the "Connection" tab. All the configured connections are displayed here. If a connection is incomplete, when the IP address of the partner is not configured, for example, it is marked red.
Complete the configuration of the connections. Mark the connection. The Properties of the connection is displayed in the inspector window. Here you enter the IP address of the partner and ports or TSAPs.
In the case of an S7 connection, the TSAP is configured under Address details. This is necessary for a unilateral S7 connection with PUT/GET. Set the partner Connection resource to 03 and Rack/slot to the partner CPU. Even if a CP is slotted with the partner, the CPU is always addressed with the Rack/slot.
If you use S7 connections in S7-1500 CPUs and S7-1200 CPUs you have to activate the "Permit access with "PUT/GET communication from remote partner (PLC, HMI, OPC, ...)". Activate this function in the properties of the CPU under "Protection > Connection mechanims".
Load the configuration into the controller.
Recommendation for S7-1500
With the S7-1500 you can configure the connection statically in the Network view or establish a connection dynamically in the program with the TCON, TSEND_C or TRCV_C instruction.
The screens in this FAQ response were created with STEP 7 V13 SP1 (TIA Portal).