Update of SIMATIC RF650R, RF680R, RF685R to firmware V2.2.1
Effective immediately, firmware V2.2.1 for the UHF RFID readers SIMATIC RF650R, SIMATIC RF680R and SIMATIC RF685R is available for download.
Furthermore, all new devices will now be delivered with firmware V2.2.1 as standard.
New functions compared to V1.0 and V2.0:
- Support of new antennas
The SIMATIC RF650R, RF680R and RF685R UHF readers support the new UHF antennas109738325
- Extended diagnostics view for I/Os
The diagnostics view has been extended in the WEB-based user interface (WBM). The status of the digital inputs/outputs can be monitored. The digital outputs can also be controlled manually. This simplifies and speeds up the commissioning and diagnostics of read points with I/O.
- Chinese user interface
- Fault correction:
- Graphical user interface in browser
- With some versions of Internet Explorer, version-dependent formatting mechanisms may result in "incorrectly formatted" XML configuration files that the reader does not accept. This has been corrected with V2.2.1.
- In the tag monitor view, the exit of a tag from the detection field is not displayed correctly (bold font -> normal font). This has been corrected with V2.2.1.
- With the setting "expected tags = 1", only one tag is reported, even if multiple tags can be detected. This has been corrected with V2.2.1.
- RF685R antenna control
- As of firmware version V2.0, the polarization switchover of the integrated antenna of RF685R does not work correctly. However, no significant effects on detection can be observed.
With this firmware version V2.2.1, the antenna works correctly again, but somewhat better with the same (performance) settings (~1-3 dB). For this reason, after a firmware update from version V2.0, V2.1.0 or V2.2.0 to the new version V2.2.1, recalibration of the read point is necessary to avoid overranges or the acquisition of additional unwanted tags.
Note: Devices that are already installed in a plant and have worked perfectly so far do not necessarily require a firmware update.
With respect to the user application, firmware V2.2.1 is backward compatible, i.e. a firmware update does not require any changes to the user program.
With regard to the integration of the readers in a Profibus infrastructure with ASM456, it should be noted that the communications module needs to be provided with the firmware as of version V4.0.0.
The GSD file with version 3.11.11 is required for functionality in conjunction with ASM456.
The firmware can be updated via the Web-based user interface:
1. Open Internet browser (e.g. MS Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox)
2. Enter the IP address of the reader in your browser's address bar -> User interface of the reader appears
3. Select the firmware file under "Firmware update" in the "System" menu
4. Update -> The update process may take a few minutes.
Third-party software - License conditions and copyright information
You can find the copyright information for third-party software contained in this product, particularly open source software, as well as applicable license conditions of such third-party software in the ReadMe_OSS file.
Special information for resellersThe information and the license conditions in the Readme_OSS file must be passed on to the purchasing party to avoid license infringements by the reseller or purchasing party.
|Firmware version V2.2.1 for RF650R, RF680R, RF685R||firmware_enc_sig_trustcenter_siemens_release.zip (15.1 MB)|
|GSDML file version V2.3 for Profinet integration||22747865|
|GSD file version 3.11.11 for Profibus integration with ASM456||113562|
|S7 function blocks||Download|