Entry type: FAQ Entry ID: 109738574, Entry date: 08/01/2019
Which information does Technical Support need regarding inquiries about SCALANCE products?
In order to have the Technical Support answer a service request precisely and quickly, a description as precise as possible of the unclear issue is necessary. Below is a list of the information required by the Technical Support for inquiries about SCALANCE products.
For support requests just use this link.
SCALANCE M and SCALANCE S
- Article number and firmware version of the module.
- Specifications of the installed version of the Security Configuration Tool (Security Configuration Tool V4.2, for example).
More: Screenshot of the Security Configuration Tool menu "Help > Installed Software".
- Specifications of the operating system of your PC (Windows 7 Professional SP1 64-bit, for example).
- A precise description of the error behavior.
- Is the behavior sporadic or reproducible? What are the steps to reproduce the behavior (action, behavior, expectation)? How often does the behavior occur?
- With SCALANCE M, if there is reference to an error log (log file), then please attach the data to your request. You can download the following log files from the module via the Web-Based Management (menu System > Load & Save):
Event Log: System events
Security Log: Events that have occurred during communication via a secure VPN tunnel.
Firewall Log: Events that have occurred at the firewall.
- With SCALANCE S, if there is reference to an error log (log file), then please attach the data to your request. In the Security Configuration Tool you can define which data is to be recorded. The SCALANCE S knows the following events:
System Events: The system log automatically and continuously records system events.
Audit Events: The Audit Log automatically and continuously records security-relevant events.
Packet filter Events (firewall): The Packet filter Log records specific packets of the data traffic.
- Article number and firmware version of the modules.
- An exact description of the behavior.
- Is the behavior sporadic or reproducible? What are the steps to reproduce the behavior (action, behavior, expectation)?
- Send us a picture or sketch with the configuration of the network and the communications.
- Download the Log File from the module via the Web-Based Management (menu "System > Load & Save") and send us the data as an attachment. The Log File contains a record of the system events and events that you can define on the page of the menu "System > Events".
- If there is a "Running CLI" on the module, download this from the module via the Web-Based Management (menu "System > Load & Save") and send us the data as an attachment. This file contains an overview of the current configuration.
- Quantity, article number and firmware version number of the WLAN access points and clients.
- Controller operation:
- Type and quantity framework of the WLAN controllers
- Version of the WLAN controller
- Debug file of the WLAN controller
- Article numbers of the antennas.
- Details of the behavior:
- Is the behavior sporadic or reproducible?
- What are the steps to reproduce the behavior (action, behavior, expectation)?
- How often does the behavior occur?
- Did the behavior occur right from the beginning or was the plant already running error-free?
- On how many devices does the error occur.
- Details of the type of communication
If you are using PROFINET IO, send us details of the configured update time and/or F-monitoring time.
- Details of the failure frequency.
- Which access procedure is being used?
- iPCF MC
- Send us a sketch of the structure of the plant/application. The sketch should include the following information:
- Positions of the access points and clients
- Distances between the access points and clients
- Direction of motion of the clients
- Download the following files from the module via the Web Based Management (menu "System > Load & Save") and send them to Technical Support:
- Running CLI
- For better understanding, also send some photos that show the assembly of the access points, clients and their antennas to Technical Support.
In order to protect technical infrastructures, systems, machines and networks against cyber threats, it is necessary to implement – and continuously maintain – a holistic, state-of-the-art IT security concept. Siemens’ products and solutions constitute one element of such a concept. For more information about cyber security, please visithttps://www.siemens.com/cybersecurity#Ouraspiration.
Personalization saves you typing! If you have already been registered, you can login directly. If you are not registered yet, you can inform and register yourself without obligation here (our service is free of charge).
Number of characters: 0 (max. 500)
Send copy of comment to sender. (login required)
*) Important: Please use this form for general feedback only. All technical and specialist topics should be directed to the expert community in the Technical Forum.
Support to the statistics
With this function the IDs found are listed according to number (format .txt).
Topic pages for this entry