Monitoring of Remote Measuring Points using an RTU3030C and TeleControl Server Basic V3.1
Functionality of the application example
Using an analog level sensor, the RTU monitors the fill level of a rainwater overflow tank. The measurement is enabled with a digital humidity sensor. In addition, a digital level sensor (float) is installed that is enabled when a critical fill level is exceeded.
At configurable intervals, the RTU switches from the sleep mode to the update mode in order to read out the inputs and to edit the program. Subsequently the RTU transfers the current data to the TeleControl Server Basic (TCSB).
In order to read the TCSB data, UaExpert is connected as an OPC UA client.
This application example is available in two variants:
- Unsecured communication between RTU3030C and TeleControl Server Basic V3.1.
- Secured communication through a VPN tunnel between RTU3030C and TeleControl Server Basic V3.1.
- Configuration sample for connecting a RTU to the TeleControl Server Basic V3.1.
- Power saving configuration of the RTU.
- Secured Communication over a VPN-tunnel with SINEMA Remote Connect Server.
- Read the processing values over OPC UA.
Documentation and Project
Documentation (3,0 MB)
Configuration file RTU3030C and Project UaExpert (6,1 KB)
Documentation and Project with SINEMA Remote Connect Server
Documentation (3,8 MB)
Configuration file RTU3030C and Project UaExpert (8,6 KB)
- Migration to TeleControl Server Basic V3.1.
- Added OpenVPN with SINEMA Remote Connect Server.
- Use of UaExpert as OPC UA client.