Entry type: FAQ Entry ID: 109739261, Entry date: 07/22/2016
Why can you no longer start TIA Portal V13 SP1 Update 9?
In some cases the virus scanner Trend Micro OfficeScan deletes the file siemens.automation.portal.exe or moves it into the quarantine directory.
- Check the quarantine directory of the virus scanner and copy the file back into the installation directory of the TIA Portal.
- If Trend Micro is set so that TIA Portal deletes the .exe file, then you must first disable Trend Micro OfficeScan. Start the Setup for STEP 7 V13 SP1 or WinCC V13 SP1 and run a repair installation. Then install the Update 9.
- Exclude the installation path of the TIA Portal from the real-time scan of Trend Micro OfficeScan.
- Navigate to "Settings - Exclusions".
- Set a check mark for "Enable Exclusions".
- Add the TIA Portal installation directory "C:\Program Files (x86)\Siemens\Automation\" or "C:\Program Files\SIEMENS"\Automation".
In order to protect technical infrastructures, systems, machines and networks against cyber threats, it is necessary to implement – and continuously maintain – a holistic, state-of-the-art IT security concept. Siemens’ products and solutions constitute one element of such a concept. For more information about cyber security, please visithttps://www.siemens.com/cybersecurity#Ouraspiration.
Feedback for the article with the entry ID 109739261
Personalization saves you typing! If you have already been registered, you can login directly. If you are not registered yet, you can inform and register yourself without obligation here (our service is free of charge).
Number of characters: 0 (max. 500)
Send copy of comment to sender. (login required)
Note: The feedback always relates to the current entry / product. Your message will be forwarded to our technical editors working in the Online Support. In a few days, you will receive a response if your feedback requires one. If we have no further questions, you will not hear from us.
Requests and feedback
What do you want to do?
- You have a technical question / problem: Ask the Technical Support
- You want to discuss in our forum and exchange experiences with other users
- You want to create CAx data for one or more products
- You would like to send us feedback on this Entry