SIMATIC S7‑PLCSIM Advanced: Co‑Simulation via API
With the SIMATIC S7‑PLCSIM Advanced virtual controllers for the simulation of a S7-1500 or ET 200SP CPU are created and used for the comprehensive simulation of functions. Therefore no real controllers are required to test a STEP 7 program.
The virtual controllers can also be tested in the context of a system or machine. The user interface (API) is used to connect the virtual controller to a system or machine simulation (co-simulation).
A STEP 7 program created in STEP 7 V14 controls a conveyor system. For a comprehensive function test, the STEP 7 program is loaded via S7-PLCSIM Advanced into a virtual S7-1500 controller. This controller interacts via the API with a co-simulation (plant simulation), in order to validate the STEP 7 program in the context of the plant.
Advantages of the application example
- Introduction to the use of API
- C# example code on which you can establish your own application
Topics not covered by this application
This application example does not contain a description of the following topics:
- Basics of object-oriented programming
- Basics of programming environment, such as, for example, Microsoft Visual Studio
- Basics of TIA Portal configuration
Sufficient knowledge of these topics is assumed.
Documentation and example project
Documentation (2,0 MB)
TIA Portal V14 Project (system control) (7.3 MB)
System simulation (application and Visual Studio Project (913.2 KB)
- You have a technical question / problem: Ask the Technical Support
- You want to discuss in our forum and exchange experiences with other users
- You want to create CAx data for one or more products
- You would like to send us feedback on this Entry