Multiuser Engineering with TIA Portal Project Server
TIA Portal provides you with various server constellations for the functionality of multiuser engineering. This application example describes the parallel processing of projects with a "temporary multiuser server", in which the server functionality is realized on a dedicated server. The multiuser server projects are also stored on the dedicated server.
In order to be able to work simultaneously with several agents in a multiuser server project within the framework of Multiuser Engineering, each agent must create their own local session. In the local session, the respective editor can insert his changes and then check these changes into the multiuser server project and publish them. After check-in, the changes from the local session are available again to all editors in the server project.
In addition to Multiuser Engineering, Multiuser Commissioning allows you to carry out joint commissioning in a team just as conveniently.
Working with Exclusive Engineering allows you to conveniently work on your project as a "single user", but with all the advantages that the TIA Portal project server offers.
The following figure shows the server constellation "Multiuser server as dedicated server".
- Configuring and managing a multiuser server
- Creating and managing multiuser server projects
- Creating and managing local sessions
- Marking and checking in objects in a local session
- Updating a local session
- Exporting a local session as single-user project
- Editing objects in the server project view
- Joint commissioning with Multiuser Commissioning in synchronous and asynchronous mode
- Joint commissioning without Multiuser Commissioning
- Exclusive work with the project server (Exclusive Engineering)
- Export and import of server projects in the Administration Tool
Documentation (2,3 MB)
Update to TIA Portal Multiuser Engineering V17
- You have a technical question / problem: Ask the Technical Support
- You want to discuss in our forum and exchange experiences with other users
- You want to create CAx data for one or more products
- You would like to send us feedback on this Entry