Communication with S7-CPU via DALI Gateway
Please note that a DALI V2 Multimaster module is also available for ET 200SP.
For more information, see the product release 109769177
An application example for the use of this DALI V2 Multimaster module is also available 109771151
Gateways enable the communication between two networks that use different communication protocols.DALI (Digital Addressable Lighting Interface) is a network protocol to control lighting devices in facility automation.
The task is to create a communication connection between a SIMATIC CPU and a DALI device via a PROFINET interface using a DALI gateway.
An S7-1200 CPU is used in place of all SIMATIC controllers. The figure below shows the most important components for the communication between an S7-1200 CPU and the “multi PROFINET + DALI” gateway by MBS GmbH.
- The application example can simply be adjusted to other controller families.
- The application example can be simply adjusted for plant expansions.
- Configuring and commissioning the gateways does not require any additional software. Standard tools such as a simple text editor are sufficient. The configuration can be edited directly in the gateway.
Homepage of the MBS GmbH
Update TIA Portal V15.1
- You have a technical question / problem: Ask the Technical Support
- You want to discuss in our forum and exchange experiences with other users
- You want to create CAx data for one or more products
- You would like to send us feedback on this Entry