Delivery Release for SIMATIC S7-1500 Software Controller V2.0
Highlights of version V2.0
- CPU 1507S F for demanding automation tasks with requirements for a fail-safe controller.
- Execution of fail-safe and standard programs on one controller
- Supported SIMATIC IPC platforms IPC4x7D and IPC2x7E
- Complete support of SIMATIC IPC227E and IPC277E with CPU 1507S and CPU 1507S F
- Target 1500STM for Simulink®: Execution of application functions created with Mathworks Simulink®
- ODK 1500S V2.0: Use of the new functions of the ODK 1500S such as large amounts of data for input/output parameters, use of structures for input/output parameters and much more.
- Trace Viewer with the CPU Web server
- HTTPS protocol supports access to Web server under Windows
- RUN/STOP commands for script-controlled operation of the Software Controller
- Improved response with Windows reboot (display of the Windows status in the user program)
- Support of SIMATIC IPC with SSD + HW-RAID1
- Integrated OPC UA server, accessible via PROFINET interface of the controller
CPU 1507S V2.0
CPU 1507S F V2.0
Work memory code / data
5 MB / 20 MB
7.5 MB / 20 MB
Number of PC communication interfaces supported at the same time
Number of PROFINET interfaces
2 (IPC on-board, Intel i210T)
Of which PN IO controllers with RT
Number of PROFINET IO devices
PN IO device
Number of PROFIBUS interfaces
Number of PROFIBUS DP slaves
64 (CP 5622, IPC on-board)
125 (CP 5623)
Number of available Motion Control resources
4800 (corresponds to 60 positioning axes)
The S7-1500 Software Controller CPU 1507S implements the function of an S7-1500 controller as software on a SIMATIC IPC with Windows. The CPU 1507S is optimized for PC-based control tasks with the IPC427D Microbox PC and the IPC477D Panel PC. In addition, the CPU 1507S supports the Box PCs IPC227E, IPC627D and IPC827D, the Panel PCs IPC277E and IPC677D as well as the Rack PCs IPC647D and IPC847D.
The S7-1500 software controller CPU 1507S enables the execution of functions created with the advanced C/C++ language. These functions can be created with SIMATIC ODK 1500S or the Target 1500S™ for Simulink®. The applications can be developed for execution under Windows as well as in the real-time environment of the CPU 1507S. The following applications can then be implemented:
- Execution of ODK applications under Windows, e.g.:
- Linking of databases to the control task
- Linking of devices under Windows, e.g. handheld scanners
- Implementation of protocol converters
- Execution of ODK application in real-time, e.g.
- Integration of the existing control code that was implemented in C/C++ and is to be reused
- Integration of control code from model-based development environments, e.g. with the SIMATIC Target 1500S™ for Simulink®
- Platform-independent programming of control code in C/C++
The S7-1500 software controller CPU 1507S implements the function of an S7-1500 CPU as software on a PC with Windows. This enables a PC to be used for controlling machines or plants. The fail-safe CPU 1507S F software controller also allows you to run fail-safe programs for applications that require fail-safety.
Configuring and programming with STEP 7 in the TIA Portal (as of version 14);
- Programmable according to IEC 61131-3
- Supported programming languages
- S7 Graph
- The STEP 7 Safety Advanced V14 add-on package is required for configuring applications for safety engineering.
Innovative real-time system based on visualization technology
- The real-time system of the S7-1500 software controller enables parallel, independent operation with Windows
- Maximum real-time and deterministic properties
- Operation independent of Windows – supports restart of Windows while the controller is in operation
- Fast startup of the controller independently of Windows
- High-speed program execution with several priority-controlled execution levels (cyclic, time-controlled,
Saving of retentive data
The software controller ensures the security of plant data even when the power fails.
- Saving of retentive data on SIMATIC IPC hard disk (UPS required)
- Retentive data on the NVRAM of the SIMATIC IPC can be saved when voltage dips occur
The software controller uses the interfaces of the PC for PROFINET and PROFIBUS.
- Windows-independent use of PROFINET or PROFIBUS for operating distributed I/O. The following functions are available depending on the interface hardware used
- PROFINET IO RT
- PROFIBUS DP master
- Communication (SIMATIC communication, Open User Communication) with Windows applications or external devices over the Windows interfaces of the PC
- OPC UA Server
- OPC UA Data Access
- OPC UA Security
- Accessible via the PROFINET interfaces of the software controller
- Additional Runtime license required
Integrated Web server
Scanning the CPU via the Web server is supported by all CPUs of the S7‑1500 automation system.
- The CPU Web server offers the following diagnostics options
- Image of the CPU with LEDs and the current operating state
- Readout of the diagnostics buffer entries
- Query of module status
- Query of current messages
- Information on the topology status of PROFINET devices
- Display of CPU traces
- Transfer and management of user data into load memory of the CPU
- User-programmable Web pages for supporting servicing and commissioning of specific machine functions
Execution of fail-safe programs
Concurrent execution of fail-safe programs and the standard user program
- Programming of the safety-related program section with the "STEP 7 Safety Advanced" add-on package.
- For applications that require safety class SIL3 (Safety Integrity Level) according to IEC 61508 2nd Edition or PL e (Performance Level) according to ISO 13849.
The trace function is supported by all CPUs of the S7-1500 automation system. It supports recording of analog and digital variables for each cycle and their representation as a curve with STEP 7.
This is of particular benefit to motion control or closed-loop control applications.
- S7-1500 Motion Control
- PLCopen blocks for programming motion functionality via PROFINET IO and PROFIdrive interface.
- The functionality supports speed-controlled axes, positioning axes, external encoders, cams, cam tracks and measuring inputs.
- Integrated closed-loop control functionality
- Universal PID or 3-step controller with integrated optimization and integrated temperature controller.
Integrated system diagnostics
The system diagnostics is automatically generated and displayed via a PG/PC, HMI device, the Web server or the integrated display.
- System diagnostics are also available when the CPU is in STOP mode.
- If new hardware components are configured, the diagnostic information is updated automatically.
- Higher degree of know-how protection for the S7-1500 Software Controller in STEP 7
- Password protection against unauthorized opening of the program blocks with STEP 7 and thus protection against unauthorized copying of developed algorithms, for example
- Password protection against unauthorized evaluation of the program blocks using external programs
- from the STEP 7 project
- from the PC data medium
- from program libraries
- Greater copy protection for S7-1500 Software Controller
- Individual blocks are linked to the serial numbers of the IPC (motherboard) or data medium (hard disk / CFast card)
- Protection against unauthorized copying of program blocks with STEP 7
- Protection against unauthorized duplication of the configuration on the memory card
- Greater manipulation protection for S7-1500 Software Controller
- Digital checksums for improved protection against manipulation of the communication when accessing software controller
- Protection against network attacks such as infiltration of falsified recorded network communication (replay attacks)
- Protected transmission of passwords during authentication
STEP7 in the TIA Portal V14 is required to use the new functionality. Existing project with a CPU 1507S V1.8 can continue to be used with the familiar functionality.
The SIMATIC S7-1500 software controllers can be operated on the following SIMATIC IPC platforms:
- Box PC: IPCIPC227E,IPC427D, IPC627D, IPC827D
- Panel PC: IPC277E, IPC477D, IPC677D
- Rack PC: IPC647D, IPC847D
CPU 1507S F
- Box PC: IPCIPC227E,IPC427D
- Panel PC: IPC277E, IPC477D
- IPC427D and IPC477D are supported as of Core i3 processor
- IPC configurations with NVRAM are required for the CPU 1507S F.
SIMATIC S7-1500 Software Controller Standard
CPU 1507S V2.0 [Download]
CPU 1507S V2.0 [DVD]
CPU 1507S V2.0 Upgrade [Download]
SIMATIC S7-1500 Software Controller Fail-safe
CPU 1507S V2.0 [Download]
CPU 1507S V2.0 [DVD]
SIMATIC OPC UA S7-1500 medium, single Runtime license
SIMATIC OPC UA S7-1500 medium, single Runtime license (download)
Supplementary engineering packages
ODK 1500S V2.0 [Download]
ODK 1500S V2.0 [DVD]
Target 1500STM for Simulink® 1.0 [Download]
Manual: Link ID 109740725
Supplementary information: Link ID 109741100
Technical specifications: https://support.industry.siemens.com/cs/ww/en/pv/6ES7672-7AC01-0YA0/td