Delivery Release of SIMATIC STEP 7 (TIA Portal) Options, ODK 1500S V2.0
- Up to 1 MB IN / OUT parameter size for ODK functions
- Structures as IN/OUT parameters, even nested
- Dynamic memory allocation for real-time applications
- Post-mortem debugging for real-time applications
- Improved error handling for application-defined error messages
- Support for CPU 1518(F) ODK with ODK real-time applications
- Improved comment options for functions and applying them to the C/C++ and SCL source
Windows 7 / 8.1
Windows 10 (64-bit)
Hard disk memory, min. 2.6 GB + 1 GB temporarily for the installation
PC RAM, min. 4 GB
Mouse, keyboard, screen
The SIMATIC ODK 1500S supports the development of library functions for S7-1500 software controllers and S7-1500 CPU 1518 ODK.
Typical applications are:
- Windows library applications (S7-1500 Software Controller only):
- Connection to databases
- Communication with Windows programs such as Office applications
- Connection to application-specific visualization software
- Implementation of industry-specific protocol converters such as PV02, IEC 61850, etc.
- Access to the Windows file system, e.g. with specific file formats
- Real-time library applications (S7-1500 Software Controller and CPU 1518(F) ODK):
- Integration of existing C/C++ algorithms in the control task
- Implementation of closed-loop controllers or algorithms also with model-based development environments such as MATLAB® or SIMULINK®
- Programming of control functions in C/C++ that should be used independent of the platform.
Direct generation of the library functions from Simulink® is possible in combination with SIMATIC Target 1500S™ for Simulink®.
SIMATIC ODK 1500S supports the development of dynamically loadable function libraries that can be called up directly from the user program of the S7-1500 Software Controller. This includes generation of loadable libraries under Windows (DLLs) as well as in the real-time context (SO – shared object) of the SIMATIC controllers with ODK capability.
Generation of loadable libraries
Generation of loadable function libraries takes place with Microsoft Visual C++ for Windows library applications and with Eclipse (included in the product package) for real-time function libraries. By creating a project using a predefined template, the user can start immediately with the definition and implementation of the functions.
Once a function library is completed, function blocks are available that can be integrated directly into STEP 7 and used for loading and executing the functions from the control program.
After completion, the actual function libraries are available as DLLs (Windows libraries) or SO files (Shared Object – real-time libraries). Real-time libraries are loaded into the load memory of the controller by its Web server so that they can also be loaded and executed independently of Windows.
For Windows libraries, the complete function range can be used for Windows DLLs. Development is performed with Visual Studio; the following versions are supported:
- Visual Studio 2010
- Visual Studio 2012
- Visual Studio 2013
- Visual Studio Express 2013
- Visual Studio 2015
- Visual Studio Express 2015
The integrated development environment Eclipse, required for developing real-time libraries, is included in the product package of ODK 1500S.
Testing of function libraries
Windows libraries can be fully debugged with Visual Studio. Thanks to the asynchronous execution of functions under Windows, the real-time characteristics of the software controller are not impaired even if single-step processing or breakpoints are used.
A high-performance trace concept is available for real-time libraries since single-step processing or breakpoints are not feasible under real-time conditions. To verify the code with single-step processing or breakpoints despite this, the functions of a real-time library can be called up and tested within a test environment on the development PC. Moreover, a memory dump of the ODK application is generated when software exceptions occur. It can then be used to determine the cause of the exception in the Eclipse development environment.
Applications that are created with the ODK 1500S V2.0 can be used with the following SIMATIC S7-1500 CPUs:
- SIMATIC S7-1500 Advanced Controller, CPU 1518(F) ODK
- SIMATIC S7-1500 Software Controller, CPU 1507S (F) V2.0
- SIMATIC S7-1500 Software Controller, CPU 1505SP (F) V2.0
Existing ODK applications that were created with the ODK 1500S V1.0 can be used with the CPU 1507S V2.0 without restrictions.
Supplementary engineering packages
ODK 1500S V2.0 [Download]
ODK 1500S V2.0 [DVD]
Supplementary engineering packages
Target 1500STM for Simulink®V1.0 [Download]