Delivery Release of the SIMATIC IPC Image & Partition Creator V3.5
A backup of the hard disk contents continues to be the best preventive measure to avoid data loss. In particular, securing an operating system partition as a disk image saves a lengthy reinstallation in the event of failure and thus shortens downtimes significantly. A later change of the partitioning for optimal adaptation to the requirements of the user without loss of data using Windows means is only possible with Windows Vista or later, and even there only with certain restrictions. The SIMATIC IPC Image & Partition Creator offers a much broader solution and is tailored specifically for use with SIMATIC IPCs. This ensures a maximum of functionality. For customers, this means that with the SIMATIC IPC Image & Partition Creator they can be sure they are using the optimal product for data backup/restoration on the SIMATIC IPC. The SIMATIC IPC Image & Partition Creator V3.5 is released for all SIMATIC IPCs of the "D" and "E" generation.
What’s new in SIMATIC IPC Image & Partition Creator V3.5?
- Paragon Hard Disk Manager 15 Suite
- Support of Windows 10
- Support of SIMATIC IPC2x7E
- Support of SIMATIC IPC4x7E
- Support of SIMATIC IPC547G
- Support of SIMATIC Field-PG M5
- Creation of password USB flash drive
- Creation of an end customer flash drive
Naturally, SIMATIC IPC Image & Partition Creator V3.5 continues to offer the existing valued functionality:
- It can be used with any computer configuration
- Menu-assisted creation of a bootable USB flash drive with Image & Partition Creator as an alternative startup medium
- For use independently of the operating system by startup from the booted Image & Partition Creator DVD or booted USB flash drive with Image & Partition Creator
- Automatic driver support for the released SIMATIC IPCs
- Support of virtual machines
- Partition backup: Fast and accurate backup and restoration of hard disk contents. This restoration requires considerably less time than a reinstallation.
- Simple duplication of existing software installations to other devices with the same equipment and same use (cloning), making for example the rapid and complete replacement of devices during servicing possible
- Complete backup by means of a double-click of the mouse with "1ClickImage" after one-time configuration of backup path (requirement: Hard Disk Manager 15 Suite is installed on the device)
- Scheduled/cyclical backup: The start of a previously configured full backup using Hard Disk Manager 15 Suite or the Windows Task Scheduler enables regular and unsupervised backups at any time (only available in the Windows program installation).
- Increasing and decreasing the size of existing system and data partitions without data loss (as well as enlarging an NTFS system partition during operation)
- Creation of new partitions or deletion of existing partitions - merging of two adjacent partitions (NTFS, FAT16, FAT32, etc.) into a single large partition
- Converting file systems (FAT16/32, NTFS, Ext2/Ext3) without reformatting (e.g. FAT32 to NTFS)
- Editing file system parameters (setting active / inactive, hiding / showing, modifying the serial number / partition ID / changing volume name, etc.)
- "Mounting" of a partition (assignment of a drive letter)
- Defragmentation for file system optimization
- Permanent, secure deletion of data media
The use of the functions mentioned above (excluding deletions) generally does not affect the operation of the installation. For security reasons, however, it is recommended that a system backup be performed before changes are made to the partitioning.
Typical areas of application:
SIMATIC IPC Image & Partition Creator should be used on all SIMATIC IPCs for subsequent changes to existing hard disk partitioning and for all data backup actions if there is no central backup solution via LAN.
SIMATIC IPC Image & Partition Creator can be used independently of the operating system when started from its own runtime environment.
SIMATIC IPC Image & Partition Creator V3.5 can be installed on the following operating systems:
|Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate|
|Microsoft Windows Server 2008 / R2|
|Microsoft Windows 8|
|Microsoft Windows 8.1|
|Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2|
|Microsoft Windows 10||x||x|
With each license, the SIMATIC IPC Image & Partition Creator V3.5 may be installed or run without installation on only one device.
Start of delivery
SIMATIC IPC Image & Partition Creator V3.5,