Entry type: FAQ Entry ID: 109741649, Entry date: 05/03/2017
Short circuit fault during safety-related control of 3SE53 position switches with LEDs
This entry contains information regarding short circuit faults during the safety-related control of 3SE53 position switches with LEDs
When the solenoid of a 3SE53 position switch with LED is safely controlled by an F-CPU (with a safe output), a "short circuit fault" error message occurs in the controller.
What can be done here?
ANSWER:The safety-related control of the solenoid of a 3SE53 position switch with tumbler and LED results in a short circuit (LED at contact 12 causes a cross-circuit via the E2 connection of the solenoid coil), as the negative terminal of the safety-related output is not the same as that of the voltage supply applied to terminal 11.
- Deactivate short-circuit fault messages in the software.
- Do not control the solenoid in a safety-related manner (i.e. using a standard output with the voltage at terminal 11).
- Do not use the LEDs, i.e. do not apply a voltage to terminal 11.
- Use a position switch without LEDs, e.g. 3SE5312-0SB11 instead of 3SE5312-1SB11.
- For the safe output module, instead of +/-, it is also possible to perform safety-related control via + only. However, the negative terminal must be identical to that of the control voltage for the LEDs.
Please find a circuit diagram (105,5 KB) attached for the 3SE53 position switch with LED indicator.
In order to protect technical infrastructures, systems, machines and networks against cyber threats, it is necessary to implement – and continuously maintain – a holistic, state-of-the-art IT security concept. Siemens’ products and solutions constitute one element of such a concept. For more information about cyber security, please visithttp://www.siemens.com/industrialsecurity.
Personalization saves you typing! If you have already been registered, you can login directly. If you are not registered yet, you can inform and register yourself without obligation here (our service is free of charge).
Number of characters: 0 (max. 500)
Send copy of comment to sender. (login required)
*) Important: Please use this form for general feedback only. All technical and specialist topics should be directed to the expert community in the Technical Forum.