SIMATIC PCS 7 Plant Automation Accelerator (PAA) using a practical example
Objective of this application example
This application example is a "best practice" example and shows you the basic functions and benefits of the SIMATIC PCS 7 Plant Automation Accelerator (PAA) software solution by means of a sample project.
PAA is used primarily in the detail engineering phase of plant planning.
In this planning phase, there are a variety of requirements to improve the conventional planning process of an installation, save time, reduce costs, and conserve resources.
The following challenges and questions result from this:
- There may be errors and inconsistencies, since different tools are used and the multiplicity of interfaces increase the error potential.
- Different data bases are used.
- The traceability of changes must be ensured.
- Data must be entered once and be able to be used again.
- How can projects be more efficiently planned and documented?
- How can the project quality be improved?
- How can project flexibility and duration be improved?
- How can costs be reduced?
This application sample provides an initial insight into how you can implement the requirements and issues shown here, using the SIMATIC PCS 7 Plant Automation Accelerator software solution.
Update of the application example to PAA V2.1 and SIMATIC PCS 7 V9.0
Application example - Controlled plant engineering from the outset with COMOS FEED
Application example - Fast and easy generation of Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams with COMOS P&ID using a practical example
Application example - Integrated Engineering with COMOS and SIMATIC PCS 7 using a practical example
Application example - Automated creation of the SIMIT simulation model with COMOS planning and engineering data
Video - Integrated Engineering on the basis of COMOS with SIMATIC PCS 7 and SIMIT Simulation (Video)
Media System - COMOS
More help and useful information about this topic you can get via the COMOS and PCS 7 topic page:
PAA, PAA Best practice, PAA Application, PAA Getting Started, PAA Training, Dígitalization, Process Automation
- You have a technical question / problem: Ask the Technical Support
- You want to discuss in our forum and exchange experiences with other users
- You want to create CAx data for one or more products
- You would like to send us feedback on this Entry