Update 5 for SIMATIC S7-1500 Software Controller V1.8 available
Improvements of Update 5
Update 5 for SIMATIC S7-1500 Software Controller V1.8 includes the following improvements:
- In case of a failure of the CMOS battery of the IPC, the CPU is no longer shut down.
- In case of a power failure, the remanent data no longer get lost if the CPU has been shut down and rebooted using the display application.
- The following sporadic message no longer appears in connection with Compare commands: "Serious firmware exception error (non user-relevant system code: 16#00400001 16#10020071 16#00010296)“.
- The CPU no longer goes into STOP highly sporadically due to cycle time violation, although the cycle time has not been violated.
- With long-term online functions such as "Monitor block", the following message no longer sporadically appears: "Serious firmware exception error (non user-relevant system code: 16#00400001 16#1002012E 16#00010246)
- For modules configured downstream from an IE/PB Link, the instruction "GEO2LOG" (determination of the hardware identification from the slot information) now functions without restrictions during startup following power on.On.
- Correct jump labels are once again correctly output at the instruction "Switch" if the instruction "SCALE_X" was used in the previous network.
- The following sporadic message "Serious firmware exception error
(non user-relevant system code: 16#00000001 16#10020000 16#00000000)" not longer appears if the connection partner uses a protocol sequence which does not conform to RFC 1006 when communicating with a SIMATIC S7-1500/ET 200SP CPU.
- If the NTP server cannot be reached, the following sporadic message is no longer triggered during time synchronization via NTP (in 24h format): "Serious firmware exception error (non user-relevant system code: 16#00400001 16#10020025 16#478D7C58)"
- The following sporadic message "Serious firmware exception error (non user-relevant system code: 16#00400001 16#1002012E 16#FFFFFFFF)" is no longer triggered when a block is reloaded in the CPU after monitoring of the block with the subsequent notification that the monitoring function for this block is already active.
- PROFINET devices are displayed in the topological view in the webserver if the PROFINET device name does not conform to the DNS standard.
- Performance during the instructions "Serialize" and "Deserialize" has been improved.
- If an AT construct with optimized saved data is used in the user program, the low and high bytes are no longer transposed.
For a standardized versioning of SIMATIC S7-1500 products, the Update 5 is also displayed for the Software Controller. The contents of this version are equivalent with CPU-FW V1.8.5 and also include the relevant improvements of CPU-FW V1.8.2 to 1.8.5.
Notes on installation
1. Terminate the Software Controller and start the PC in "Windows“ mode.
2. Copy the update onto your IPC.
3. Double-click the downloaded file to start the update.
4. Carry out the individual installation steps.
5. Restart the PC once the installation is complete.
- CPU 1505S V1.8
- CPU 1507S V1.8
Depending on the relevant product, the Update 5 can be downloaded from the following links: 109478528